28 years old.... and issues

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 08:04 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I was on this site about 3 years ago when my ex husband and I were trying to get pregnant. I decided to leave him 2 years ago. So now I am with the most wonderful man ever. I hope to one day have a family with this man.

But...

I was diagnosed with endo at age 22 years old. I have had 2 laparoscopies. The first showed a very small amount, the 2nd showed 4 times as much... My last lap was in 2006, I know I am due for another surgery. I have been having all the same pain, and problems as the 2 other times. I constantly feel full, and have a dull ache in my lower abdomen/pelvic area. Been happening for over 8 months now. I didn't have insurance so I couldn't get seen. So now I am waiting for a new doc to call me back with an appt date.

Now if that wasn't bad enough.....

I was just told I had my 1st abnormal pap last week. I have HPV. ***?? My sister had it around my age, and I believe my mom had to get a hysto due to pre cancer....

Well I feel like I am doomed to have kids. My boyfriend is not ready, and everyone is telling me I'd better think wisely, cause I don't want to miss the boat with my health issues.

I feel lost, my older sis is due with her 4th baby girl in 2 months. I am so jealous in some ways. I wish I could be pregnant.

Thanks for listening.
October 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Aww sounds like a rough place to be in. My sister had HPV and because they can't check her uterus the dr gave her a time limit on having kids before she was going to have to have it all removed. I would not suggest you get pregnant when your BF isn't ready but at the same time you "might" be on a time schedule for how long you can wait. You don't want cancer to spread. I hope you are able to get a surgery for your endo. I am told that is very painful to have. Welcome to JM btw .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thank you. I can't wait to get seen on Dec 9th. I just had an ultrasound done last week, and found out on top of the HPV/Endo I now have a complex cyst on my left ovary, and a "not serious" one on my right. When will this end?????

I hope that this doc just decides to do surgery so I can verify I am okay to have kids. Then if she gives me a time line to have kids I will have to think long and hard about what we will do.
December 28th, 2009, 05:42 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HPV is a very common infection that many women get. It is known to cause cervical cancer, but the progression from infection to cancer is slow (20-30 years). There are many different treatment options, depending on when it is detected and other personal health factors. This is why annual Pap tests are so important.
Ovarian cysts can also be treated different ways.
I know you're dealing with alot of stuff right now. Be sure to write down all your questions and make sure they're answered, even if it means making multiple appointments. Good luck!

February 2nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Thank you. Well I went to my doc in Dec and she suggested doing Lupron. I can't afford the $700 each injection. So I decided to just do surgery. I know i get relief with that. And since I am almost 9 years older than when I was told that I had endo, I want to make sure I am still okay in the "having kids" department.

I have surgery scheduled for March 3rd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search