No clue what's going on (LONG!)

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, so a little back story - I have a history of absent periods. From October, 2006 to January 2009, I only had a total of 3 periods. All painful, lasting 5-7 days (as opposed to 4-5 like I used to have). February of this year, I had a period. Then again in April. And again in March. SO, I started charting. They were coming on like clockwork, like a normal, healthy person. I was ecstatic (not for the bleeding or pain, but because it was a sign that everything was alright).
They weren't like the periods I used to have though. The duration was fine (5 days), but the cramps were crippling. I couldn't move. I couldn't stand up. I'd try, and my only option once I was halfway out of my seat was to just let myself go to my knees and stay there, try to get back in my seat or crawl to the bathroom. NOT normal.
The bleeding for the first few cycles was fairly normal, although with a few rather large clots here and there. I figured this was all just a result of going so long without. But every month it got worse. By June and Julys cycles, I was having clots up to 2 tbsp in volume 4 or 5 times a day, with a whole bunch of smaller clots (barely noticeable, to the size of the eraser on the top of a pencil). The cramps fluctuated between hardly noticeable, and crippling still. August was the worst one I'd had. I discovered that the times I was most crampy were the times I was about to pass a large clot.
My last period was August 27th. About 2-3 weeks later, I started getting pregnancy symptoms. Heartburn and nausea mostly. My next period should have been September 24th. It didn't come. So, naturally, I thought I was pregnant. I took a few HPTs. I had ONE faint positive when I was 3 days late, so I went to the Dr the next day. The urine test there was negative, like the rest. We did blood tests and that came back negative as well. So I forgot about it and just went on with my life.
Over the last month, I've been getting mild to severe nausea that causes me to vomit 1-3 times a week. I've had heartburn here and there, mild to moderate. And over the last week and a half, I've started to feel a "ball" in my lower abdomen. About 3-4 inches below my belly button. I'm overweight, so I can't feel it with my hands. I can just feel it if I'm sitting in a certain position, or laying on my stomach. So of course, I went back to the Dr. I took a few more HPTs and they were all negative, again. The Dr ordered another blood test, and I got the results today. My beta count is less than 2, and everything else appears to be normal.
So I'm SO confused! I have no clue what's going on here. Everything in my body is screaming pregnancy, but all the evidence appears to be a BFN. I'm going back to the Dr tomorrow to see if I can get an exam and see if they can order some ultrasounds.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been through this, or knows someone who has. What happened in the end?
Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated here as I am at a total loss...

OH! Also, (this could be important too) I seem to have lost weight. I don't look like it (at least I don't think so), but I appear to have lost about 20lbs in the last 2-3 months and I have no clue how it happened.
I'm not expecting anyone here to be a Dr, I'm just sharing in the hopes that someone has gone through this too or knows someone who has.

Last edited by NannyJen; December 15th, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
December 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like pregnancy has been ruled out. But there are other things that can cause these symptoms. Have you had an ultrasound in the last couple of years? With the irregular periods, heaving bleeding, cramping, and now a sensation that there is something inside your abdomen, you might have fibroids, which is a benign overgrowth inside the uterus. These can get very large and cause lots of symptoms. There's other things that might cause these symptoms, including intestinal changes and ovarian cysts. If you haven't had an ultrasound, it might provide a lot of good information. Do you have a good primary care doctor? While an OB/GYN would be helpful for the uterus and ovary stuff, if it's actually something intestinal, your PCP would be able to work these up as well. Keep me posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search