Important Question..Plz Reply

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM
dontrellzmommii's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to dontrellzmommii Send a message via MSN to dontrellzmommii Send a message via Yahoo to dontrellzmommii
Hello Everyone,
One of my ex boyfriends found out that the have Genital Warts. He emailed a bunch of people and I got one of those emails. When we were together he cheated on me and had other partners. I recently started having some symptoms of having it.I have a doctors appointment to get checked out in like 2 weeks. I'm 6 months pregnant and I'm scared that it may affect my baby. Or that I'll get cervix cancer and not be able to have anymore kids. If you have any infomation on this can you please help me.
April 13th, 2006, 11:22 PM
nlp32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just my two cents, but if you do have it you will most likely have a scheduled c-section. If you take care of it, then you should be able to have more kids, Good luck, I can only imagine how scary of a time this must be for you.

Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
<div align="center"></div>
April 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM
**Cynthia**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to **Cynthia**
From what I understand, Genital Warts is from HPV. Its a virus that an estimated 85% of the people have it and there are around 112 different forms. I found out in 2004 that I had HPV, not the genital wart form, but the cervical dysplacia form (pre-cancerous cells). I had a leep procedure that removed 2 cm of my cervix in June 2004. Found out I was pregnant in August 2004 and had a healthy little girl in May. I'm pregnant again and due in September. All of my paps have been clear since the leep. I did get a couple of bumps when I was about 5 months pregnant but my doctor checked them and they were just friction bumps from sex... . He said that my form didn't cause the warts!! Scared me to death though. Good luck at your appointment, if you need to talk just PM me.

Hugs!!

April 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to dontrellzmommii Send a message via MSN to dontrellzmommii Send a message via Yahoo to dontrellzmommii
Quote:
From what I understand, Genital Warts is from HPV. Its a virus that an estimated 85% of the people have it and there are around 112 different forms. I found out in 2004 that I had HPV, not the genital wart form, but the cervical dysplacia form (pre-cancerous cells). I had a leep procedure that removed 2 cm of my cervix in June 2004. Found out I was pregnant in August 2004 and had a healthy little girl in May. I'm pregnant again and due in September. All of my paps have been clear since the leep. I did get a couple of bumps when I was about 5 months pregnant but my doctor checked them and they were just friction bumps from sex... . He said that my form didn't cause the warts!! Scared me to death though. Good luck at your appointment, if you need to talk just PM me.

Hugs!![/b]
Thanks for the help ladies, I'll be sure to keep you informed.
April 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM
mrobinson
Quote:

Hugs!![/b]
Cynthiamelina.. I was going to say lots of what your wrote except for the dysplacia form.. I found your post incredibly informative and I'm happy to hear of a good ending.

I have a form of HPV too and with yearly paps, we (my doctors and I) are confident that just the yearly paps would be enough to screen for the early stages of cervical cancer. I've had the same partner for 13 years and my doctors believe I dont even have to continue yearly paps. They think a pap every two years is fine. (I go once a year for peace of mind and by the time I get around to it, it's

a year and half anyway.)
April 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
I have the same story as Cynthiamelina...I had a leep then when that procedure did not get all of the dysplastic cells, they did a procedure called a colpopscopy. A colpopscopy is where they take the areas of the cervix with the dysplastic cells and freeze it off. For me both procedures were pretty painful for me. However I have had all normal pap smears since then. That was in 2001. When I researched HPV then I found out as many as 3 out of four people have it, and probably dont know it. There are over 100 different strains of HPV. I was terrified when I found out about HPV. But, I have been healthy since the procedures. Just pm me if you have any other questions.

</a>
April 28th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Quote:
I have the same story as Cynthiamelina...I had a leep then when that procedure did not get all of the dysplastic cells, they did a procedure called a colpopscopy. A colpopscopy is where they take the areas of the cervix with the dysplastic cells and freeze it off. For me both procedures were pretty painful for me. However I have had all normal pap smears since then. That was in 2001. When I researched HPV then I found out as many as 3 out of four people have it, and probably dont know it. There are over 100 different strains of HPV. I was terrified when I found out about HPV. But, I have been healthy since the procedures. Just pm me if you have any other questions.[/b]
Okay,So I went to my OB yesterday and got another papsmear.Where they use the vinegar,after they looked the only thing the doctor said was that I had a yeast infection.He didn't say anything about seeing warts or bumps.Is it possible that I don't have genital warts, but some kind of bumps from a yeast infection? I don't know. Can someone help??
April 29th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
I'm not a doctor, nor have I had many yeast infections. But, my gyno did tell me that people have various reactions to yeast. Yes, bumps are one of them, another is the skin sheds kinda like dandruff, others get extremely swollen. It's totally possible. I would use whatever the doc gave you for the yeast infection and then see what happens. One thing, discharge from HPV and a yeast infection can look a lot alike. I would tell you to see to go back to the doctor if the med for yeast infection doesn't clear things up in 7 days.

Feel free to PM if you want, I'm always emailing. I know that feeling of just wanting some answers sucks.

</a>
May 3rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
Quote:
I'm not a doctor, nor have I had many yeast infections. But, my gyno did tell me that people have various reactions to yeast. Yes, bumps are one of them, another is the skin sheds kinda like dandruff, others get extremely swollen. It's totally possible. I would use whatever the doc gave you for the yeast infection and then see what happens. One thing, discharge from HPV and a yeast infection can look a lot alike. I would tell you to see to go back to the doctor if the med for yeast infection doesn't clear things up in 7 days.

Feel free to PM if you want, I'm always emailing. I know that feeling of just wanting some answers sucks.[/b]
thanks for your help, my doctor said give it a few days to clear up and if it doesnt apply the gel again. I go back tommorow for an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay with the baby.I'll be PM'n you later this week thanks again
May 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
**Cynthia**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to **Cynthia**
How are you doing? Did the bumps go away? I was told by my OB that if it was genital warts they would turn white if exposed to vinegar.

Just like to things turned out okay!

Hugs!

May 28th, 2006, 08:13 PM
ashlynsmom's Avatar Veteran
I have HPV too and have a healthy 10 month old daughter. I've had it for years. Did you know that 1 out of 3 women have HPV and many don't even know it? It's THAT common! Only a couple strains of it can cause cervical cancer though. As long as you have regular PAP smears every year, then you'll be ok. These PAPs will keep a close eye on your cervix and make sure everything's ok. And they will usually catch any abnormal growth early enough for intervention. My GYN doc told me that if I have a normal PAP for three years in a row, then I only have to have a PAP every 3 years.

June 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolemomof2
I have HPV too and I have a healthy 4 month old baby girl. I didnt have it with my first daughter and found out I had it at the beginning of my second pregnancy. I dont know who I contracted it from but I was also told that it was almost impossible to find out bc alot of people can carry the disease and not know it. I was so upset but the doctor reassured me that the baby would be ok because she would be born by c-section so that she wouldnt be at risk for getting it too. During the pregnancy I recieved cryo treatment where they freeze the warts. After I had my daughter the warts went away and so far havent returned. Dont worry about the baby, the doc will make sure that the baby is not at risk. I know how scary this must be for you but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris and Nicole (12-21-05)[br]
July 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM
<div align="center">UPDATE</div>
Well ladies it's been a few months now since i've replied to this topic. But i think it's only fair to keep you updated. My OB never told me I had HPV, know one talked to me about or even explained what it was. I've done alot of research about my symtoms (sp?) and came to the conclusion that I have HPV. I had my son June 24th,2006. A regular vaginal birth. I had a few warts here and there. My son is healthy besides the fact that he has a little heart mumor(sp?) and breaths a little fast.
Even after the doctor knew I had HPV he still never talked to me about it. Dontrell came 5 weeks early so I really wasn't prepared to give birth in this condition. Since you can get it by just contact ,can my son get it from me? or is it only sexual contact that it can be passed?
July 28th, 2006, 06:57 AM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
maybe you should tell you doctor that you think you have HPV, and tell them you would like them to check it out. and i'm sure they can tell you the risks to your son.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search