hand injury

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Any suggestions for relief?

I sprained my wrist in Feb, and DD pulled/twisted my wrist funny again in May. I've been wearing a brace for about a month now. I visited an orthopedist *sp* the week before last and scheduled an MRI for today. Over the weekend, I started to develop numbness in my arm and some unusual pockets of what looks like fluid. I've been icing a lot as well as taking motrin 800 mg around the clock. This is getting really scary! My follow up is WEndesday, so I should have answers then, but either way I'm terrified of what is going on in my hand.
June 7th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had surgery on my wrist twice due to a minor break in my scaphoid and I've had to have cysts, fluid filled ones that is, drained as well. If you can try using a brace that might help provide some relief so your little one can't twist it in an odd way again. Keep your appointments with your orthopedist--they are a great resource whenever anything goes wrong with your joints or bones.

June 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, my MRI was normal for the most part. The only thing on there was a bruise on one of the bones in my wrist but still I shouldn't have the amount or type of pain I am describing. She thinks it my be RA but that would fall back into the arena of my PCP which I don't have (just have an OBGYN). So she wrote a script for blood work to go to the hospital to have done and gave me a list of various hospitals and clinics in the area I can have it done then I can call them directly for my results but still would have to follow up with a PCP instead of the Ortho doc. She suggested physical theropy in the mean time - but I can't due to my work schedule. I just can't keep taking 2 hour lunch breaks. Its frustrating. On one side I am glad nothing bad showed up on my MRI at the same time I am no closer to an answer to this pain. The best she was able to offer was that "you're in your 20s and you'll bounce back you just need to think you can bounce back." Well - yeah, if I wasn't reminded of the pain in everything I do...it would be so easy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search