Prurigo/other insanely itchy skin junk HELP

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
So the spot here & there morphed into 10, went to see my doc as they were spreading, few days later was back w/20 or so that ITCH SO BAD I CAN'T TAKE IT!! He said it's likely one of 4 different pregnancy skin tortures, like prurigo, and I'm stuck with it at least until I deliver. He prescribed a mid-level topical steriod cream but ha ha frickin ha, the SECOND I touch ONE spot, they all flare up and I want to claw my skin off. They are nasty, spreading, clumped in 3's like triangles, look like pimples crossed with spider bites, on my arms, legs, feet, hands, butt, belly and seriously, I am nearly insane with the itch already. Has anyone ever heard of anythign like this, know if it sounds like a prego skin thing or something else maybe, and the biggie HELP HOW CAN I GET SOME &*^@ RELIEF FROM THIS PLAGUE!!!! I would really appreciate ANY input, ideas, resources...I can't take this, I just can't! Give me chicken pox or poison ivy instead, please! Arrrghhhh

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

August 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM
My little boy had to use one of those topical steroid creams for a year or so because of his eczema and I hated putting it on him because the doctor told me to be careful and only use it sparingly. The poor thing would get flared up red skin behind his knees and itch himself to death. I was afraid to use it much because of what the doctor said - it must not be very safe..
I started working for a wellness company and we have a lotion for serious skin conditions that is 7 times more effective than eucerin. He started using this after his bath and his skin was completely soft and if I use it consistently - no outbreaks. The best thing is that it is an all natural product so I can use it as many times as I want and not worry about any steroids...
It might be worth a try...
Sarah
sarhu4@earthlink.net
September 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Did you find any relief?
I only know of things like calamin lotion for things like poison oak. DH gets it terrible. I hope you are doing better.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Tags
crazy , itch , prurigo , rash , skin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search