How many of you have had a hysterectomy??

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have abnormal uterine bleeding and I'm done having kids. I wanted a partial hyst but my Ob/Gyn was pushing me to try ablation first so 3 months ago I had endometrial ablation and my tubes tied. Now 3 months later it hasn't helped. I'm still bleeding 14-21 days out of every month.

Tomorrow I go in to see my Gyn. I'm wanting to schedule a Da Vinci Robotic hysterectomy. He has to do it this time or I will go see a Gyn that will. This is just not acceptable to me anymore.

My question is this though: With the robotic hyst it's done through 5 small incisions in the stomach so how much pain will I have afterwards?

I'm asking b/c I have had a huge cyst taken off my left ovary, tubal and uterine ablation, my gallbladder removed and surgery on my stomach and I had no pain at all from any of those so is it realistic of me to think that this may not hurt at all?

September 7th, 2010, 02:20 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Did you have your hysterectomy?
How was the pain?
I didn't know they could do it via robotics that is amazing. I would love to know how it went.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 14th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually did have it done and my Ob/Gyn decided he could do it vaginally instead. I was in pretty bad pain for the first 6 hours after surgery but I was kept in the hospital and given a Morphine pump. After about 6 hours the pain was manageable with just Advil and by day 3 I had zero pain at all.

It was the easiest thing I've ever done and I'm so glad it's over with!

My uterus was soft and spongey instead of firm which my doctor said means I had Adenomyosis. It's sort of like Endometriosis. Hysterectomy is the only cure.

October 10th, 2010, 04:43 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
thats exactly what i had and why i had my hyst!! Best thing i could have ever done for myself

June 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know this is kind of late, but a doctor in my area now does the SILS single incision (about 20mm through the belly button) hysterectomy and I've been bleeding abnormally for almost 7 months now and I am SO DONE. I had a D&C in January and it helped with the uncontrollable bleeding, but now it's I bleed one day and then I'm fine for 3-4 then I bleed another 2 then find for a day then another 3 days then I'm fine for a week, so on and so forth. BC pills haven't helped a whole lot and I'm just sick of never knowing if I'm going to bleed or not. So think I'm going to make an appointment with this OB/GYN who does this procedure. It's less than 24 hours in the hospital and 1-2 weeks recovery time max with one incision a tiny bit smaller than the diameter of a nickle in the belly button so no scars and much less pain (so they say). I'm hoping this is my answer as my thought is if the uterus isn't there then it can't bleed...right? LoL. I'm only 29 but we're done with kids (hubby had a vasectomy 6 years ago) and I can't imagine dealing with this off and on bleeding for another 10-20 years no way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search