Endometrioma and Uterine polyps

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2010, 02:30 PM
NowhereGirl's Avatar Member
Hi, I'm new here...I just have some questions to anyone who maybe experienced one of these? My endometrioma is on my left ovary and is 7cm diameter. My polyps are inside my uterus and cause heavy bleeding. We don't want any more children.

I have both (oh joy) and after 4 months of "observation" surgery is now scheduled for November 19 I am so excited to get this done. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 19 and was told I would never have children. Yea. I have 2 beautiful daughters who were conceived without effort. So...I'd love to go back to that doctor and tell her that she shouldn't tell people they'll never have kids when it's only PROBABLE that children won't be conceived.

Anyhoo...four months ago I started a very strict workout routine. Have you heard of P90X? Yea. It's great. I did it for 2 months religiously and ate right. I lost about 2 inches everywhere but didn't lose ONE POUND. Not one. In fact, in four months, I've gained about 20 pounds or so. I haven't weighed myself in a while-- it's too depressing. I have never been this large. I met my husband when I was 170. I'm now 200. (I have also had a baby in the mean time). I would like to get back down to 160-170 where I felt my best...but losing weight is so difficult! I tried so hard.

I look pregnant. My abdomen is hard and puffy. Lately, my face is getting puffy and fat. I feel so gross and always soooo tired. So tired. I never have energy. I recently started taking vitamins and stuff and that is helping but no one understands.

My mom doesn't understand why I'm always so tired. I try to explain but she thinks i'm exaggerating.

My husband doesn't understand why I can't BEAR to have him touch my breasts anymore. They are always soooo tender! I can't stand them to be touched.

I can't wear my clothes, I had to buy bigger pants because the waist lines hurt when I sat down.

Ugh, sorry to vent...no one else ever gives advice, they just say it's going to be ok.

I want to know if I will lose weight once these growths are removed? Will it be easier to lose the weight? Will the bloating and water weight go away? I just feel so puffy and it's just not normal for me. I've even been following the Weight Watchers guidelines and haven't lost anything. Boo.

Has anyone gone through this? Are hormones affecting my ability to lose weight? Are hormones making me gain weight? I asked my doctor but she just said "it's possible." REALLY!? Thanks.

I feel so lost. Any words are appreciated.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." ~John Lennon
November 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
NowhereGirl's Avatar Member
Guess no one's had this...
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." ~John Lennon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search