Thoughts?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been on my current period for almost a month now. My tubes were tied 4 years ago, no possibility of STDs, and I'm generally healthy. I make an appointment yesterday with my GP, I get a call an hour before it and told I have to reschedule. I tried to but they couldn't get me in for a few more weeks. So, I call my GYN because they have slots in their schedule for current patients who have issues. They can't get me in at all the PA even states "Well you've been having this happen for almost a month what's a few more weeks?" Seriously?! So I call our local planned parenthood, not that I would typically go there but hey they see people on the fly all the time.....once again a no go. I'm due to go on vacation in two weeks. In order for me to even get in to see a doc DH has to take time off of work so it's not like I can just go any ol' time. When I asked the PA at my GYN if she knows of any other place I can go to get help she states the ER or urgent care but they would most likely just bounce me back there. I'm beyond irked because I'm not getting any help and yes I realize that my scheduling issues are part of it but I never realized a doc could call you an hour before your appointment and tell you to reschedule. Blah.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I could do? I swear I have the worst luck with doctors and getting help when I need it.

March 11th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Call the GYN's in your area that are on your insurance and see who can get you in. I was having a bleeding issue, had been bleeding for 2 weeks and my GYN got me in immediately (skip your GP, go to the GYN if you're able to). Bleeding that long can be extremely dangerous, you can become anemic, plus you could have something else going on. It was 10 weeks before they did a D&C on me and finally got the bleeding to stop and honestly I had forgotten what it was like to have energy so you may not even know the toll it's taking on you. But you absolutely need to get in because it can be anything from cysts to polyps to cancer to just something simple like a hormone imbalance. Or call and tell them you NEED to be seen, don't let them push you off.

Personally my doc tried Estrogen plus birth control pills first, then Progesterone by itself, when that didn't work they did a vaginal ultrasound and found what they thought was a polyp. At my D&C it turned out to be massive blood clots inside my uterus not a polyp for unknown reasons, but then I was diagnosed as diabetic and apparently the issue I was having and diabetes can correlate with each other. So your bleeding can be a "side effect" of something else such as diabetes, PCOS, a thyroid issue, hormonal imbalance, the list really goes on and on so don't let them pawn you off. And yeah skip the ER because they're right they're going to make sure you're not anemic and it isn't dangerous to discharge you possibly do an ultrasound and then tell you to see your GYN ASAP.

Good luck! I totally sympathize as it's only been about 6 weeks since my issue stopped and it went on for 10 so I completely understand for sure. Hope you find a doc to get you in!
March 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't even imagine I hope that you were able to get in with someone to find out what's been going on! Do you have an update for us?

Tags
ideas , recommendations , thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search