Question

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to TheNewestPhelps
Hey ya'll, I'm Sarah and a proud and excited member of the Sept 2011 DDC. However, I have some concerns for a friend of mine. Any input would be great.

I work with a woman who is 42 years old and had tubal litigation 19 years ago. Well it was time for her to start her period, and she spotted for two days before passing a huge, tissue mass looking thing. It was pink and oblong with dark red ends. I was told that it did not change shape when in the toilet so I'm assuming it was somewhat hard. She has passed two of these now and after the second, seemed to get into a normal flow of brown/old blood. But this morning has returned to spotting. She took a pregnancy test after passing the first one, and it was negative. She has also had a m/c in the past and says it was nothing like this. She has not had a pap in 19 years as well.

After passing the first one, she felt dizzy and just run down. But we have a cold going around the office so it may be somewhat contributed to that.

Have any of you ladies had/heard of something like this? I know the obvious thought would be m/c, but with passing two AND tubal litigation? We're just a little confused. Lack of insurance is also the reason she hasn't been in to see someone for this.

Thank you!

Thank you Zarziza for my perfect siggy!
May 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome can present itself shortly after a tubal or many years after. The most common symptoms are menstrual disturbances - heavy painful bleeding, clots, strange bleeding, irregular periods, etc. It's because it's difficult to ligate the tubes without damaging the flood flow to the ovaries. Without adequate blood flow, the ovaries can atrophy and won't produce hormones they way they should. Without proper hormone production, erratic bleeding can happen, hot flashes, weight gain, depression, etc.

Even Tubal Ligations can fail though too. She'll probably never know if this was truly a m/c or not. By the time she took the test, the pregnancy hormone levels may have already dropped very low.
May 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
IMO she needs to go see an OB/GYN insurance or not. They will typically reduce their fees for cash paying clients or put them on a payment plan if they do not have the full amount at the time of visit. I'd encourage her to go to a qualified OB/GYN ASAP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search