What is a good daily fitness routine?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
i need basically a fitness program for beginners. i want to tone my body. i’ve heard that a good exercise is one where you hold out your arms and move them in circles. that kind of thing. i just need something laid out for me to follow and i’ll do it. i just don’t know what to do or where to begin?

A good fitness program consists of the followings:

1. Cardio exercise – choose a cardio (running, swimming, walking, biking, jumping rope…….etc) you enjoy doing and do it 3-4 times per week, for 20-30 mins each. The cardio burns off body fat, strengthens your heart to keep it in good shape. It also expands your lung capacity so you’re able to take in more oxygen into your body

2. Toning exercise/strength training – it helps you build muscles and burns off body fat even more efficiently since muscles are metabolically active, so they burn more fat. Do 3-4 times per week, for 10-20 mins each

3. Stretching – it helps to increase your flexibility and maintains your muscles in nimble and flexible state so that you move efficiently and you’ve lower risk of injuries. Stretch for 3 times per week for about 10-15 mins each

4. Eat healthy, nutritious diet, to maintain good health and keep excess weight off Laugh
June 18th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Well the most important thing, is to do cardio exercise start a two times a week and try to work up to doing it daily and for longer duration. If you improve your cardiovascular health, after just a few weeks you will start feeling good in everything you do and can really start benefiting from strength, training lifting.
July 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do pilates 2-4 times a week. That works well for me. DH is going to start that Insanity program.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
Have you ever heard of Visalus? Its a protein shake that garuntees better results from your workouts when used as your recovery shake by helping to build that lean muscle. I used it for weight loss with amazing results (Used in this manner by replacing two meals a day and I loved it! lol) But I have just reached my goal weight so I have started using it in this way. I have a couple friends I have see get better results from p90x when they hit a plateau and they just partnered with the World Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
August 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Really very interesting stuff you have shared. From today I will follow all these tips. Thanks.
October 8th, 2012, 11:40 AM
You must spend at least 30 minutes on your daily workout.
First of all you should prefer to cardio exercises which are the best tools for the fitness improvement.
My daily workout routine is as follow:
push ups: 20
Pull ups: 20
Sits ups: 50
jogging: 15 minutes
and
swimming: 15 minutes.
November 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
carissaluis's Avatar Veteran
I do walk in the threadmill 3 times a day. Do stretching as well
July 2nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Hun ..Here are some tips to create diet plan for beginners.
Assess your fitness level.
Design your fitness program.
Assemble your equipment.
Get started.
Monitor your progress.
I hope it's really helpful
July 8th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Well,Fitness should be must in the life so we should be keep fitness routine in the
life because fitness has own importance in the life.Some tips here for keep daily fitness routine like,....
1 Gym work
2 Exercise work
3 Running
4 Push ups
5 Swimming.....

San mateo personal trainer

Last edited by Malton; July 12th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
August 25th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Elly21's Avatar Member
I follow this channel for the last couple weeks ZuzkaLight - YouTube
Helped me a lot to get in shape. Most of the exercises are for women.
You should also consider changing your eating habits if you want better results.
September 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I enjoy focusing on getting at least 30min of cardio a day. Not necessarily all running, elliptical, etc. but more just being able to accomplish at least 30min and day. I always feel that if I switch up my daily routines, I feel more motivated to finish. It's also nice when I do run/walk and then realize how far of a distance I have gone! Since I am easing back into my workouts, a nice long brisk walk has been really helping me.
January 18th, 2014, 04:03 AM
why not try yoga? it is the best sport that can hold out your arms and move them in circles. generally speaking, it can help to balance your mood and body. so cool, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search