Very confused

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
So, long story short DH and I have been trying to have a baby for getting close to a year now. I have gone to see docs theres nothing wrong (that they saw) with me. Our next step is a SA for him. However heres something very odd. My periods this year, january 9th lasted 4 days, and March 4th, lasted 4 days. i have skipped Feb AND April. But im not on BC. And I have gotten constant neg tests both hpt's and at a clinic. I dont know what to think or do. i dont get why I am so unbelievably late this cycle around. Granted its been nice no AF, and everyone thinks i am preg, but the tests are neg and i dont feel like I am. Any thoughts ladies?

May 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you been on any form of hormonal contraception in the last 18 months?

Are you tracking your signs of fertility at all? You can have fairly regular periods, but that doesn't automatically mean you're ovulating every time - or that the process of ovulation is healthy enough for conception to occur. In addition to having a healthy ovulation, adequate cervical mucus is also necessary for conception to occur. Keeping a simple record of your daily mucus observations is a great way to evaluate your fertility - to see if you have adequate mucus, to make sure ovulation is occurring as it should. The information can be used to identify abnormalities with ovulation or hormonal imbalances. It can also tell you if your periods are true menstruation or if they are some other kind of bleeding.

I really recommend trying that for a few cycles. It's free and it's non-invasive.
Here's some information on how to track:
How the Billings Ovulation Method

There are also instructors in AZ who can help you learn how to track the mucus correctly and then how to make sense of what the record is telling you.
BOMA-USA - Instructors - Arizona

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search