HPV???

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 10:51 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I was just told that I am HPV positive. Is anyone familiar with this????? Should I be concerned???

July 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hpv is human papillona virus. Basically genital warts... well not all can cause warts, the majority dont. It can affect cells on the cervix and change them into precancerous cells. Regular paps are essential. As long as you keep up to date with the paps, if anything starts changinig it will be caught early. It isnt life threatening but can cause cervical cancer. You are also a carrier and can/will give it to any partner you have. So make sure you use protection or tell them you have it and make decisions from there. i know a few ppl with it (not me, but had my scare) they are really affected by it. Goodluck and just please keep up to date with your PAPs they are essential.
July 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM
DiamondsGlow
I have had HPV for a year now. What type do you have?

HPV is not dangerous and can not kill you but it can cause cervical cancer so it is a good idea to get a papsmear every like 3 months.

HPV can be spread not only by having sex but by skin to skin contact...If you are to say have one on your hand and you hold hands with your partner it is possible fro them to get it.

If you want you can check out this site that has a lot of useful information about HPV

http://www.ashastd.org/hpv/hpv_learn_fastfacts.cfm

here are two chat sites you can check out where you can talk with others with HPV

http://www.hpvsupport.com/

http://yoshi2me.com/phpbb/index.php
July 25th, 2006, 09:01 AM
bizziebeemommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I was just told that I am HPV positive. Is anyone familiar with this????? Should I be concerned???[/b]

hi.. I am new here, so I hope I am replying in the right spot..lol
I have HPV also, and I had to have a couple of procedures done to remove pre-cancerous cells. You will be fine, you have to just keep up w/ your paps. I wanted to add that millions of women have this, and have no idea... like 3 in 5 women. So dont feel like you are alone, b/c you are not. *hugs*

July 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have HPV, too. I have no idea how long I've had it, nor what type I have.

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer back in March of this year. I went from having a clean pap to cervical cancer in 15 months. I go back in September for another Pap. I'm praying that it comes back clean. If not, they will be doing a complete hysterectomy. I'd rather lose my parts, than my life!

Definitely keep up with your pap tests.

July 28th, 2006, 04:13 AM
dontrellzmommii's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to dontrellzmommii Send a message via MSN to dontrellzmommii Send a message via Yahoo to dontrellzmommii
I have HPV, I don't know how long i've had it or what type it is.
July 31st, 2006, 01:47 PM
Jooniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jooniper
I have HPV also. In Sept. 2000 is when I was diagnosed and was told I had stage 3 precancer cells. I had part of my cervix removed and was told that if they came back they would have to take it all. I was also told that there was a chance of not being able to carry a baby to full term because the cervix would not be able to stay closed with the pressure of a baby. However.... it did! and I had my first baby in Feb. this year with out any problems! Im so happy about the new vaccine, and saw on the news this morning that they will be recomending it to boys as well as girls, since boys can spread it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search