Very odd question about "odor"

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Im not sure where else to ask this.

I've been tested for every std or illness that might cause a vaginal odor and everything is negative.
I frequently get a fishy vaginal odor after having sex. Or after a long workout. Or after both as we tend to dtd and then go to the gym.
I had a baby in January and I've never noticed this smell before so it's new.
Obviously I shower daily and most days it's twice a day. I don't use douche because I've always been told it throws off the ph balance of the vaginal vault. Any ideas on why this happens or any certain cleansers I can use to avoid this?
Awwwwkkkkwwaaarrddd.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

September 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Bueller ? Bueller?

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

September 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One thought crossed my mind. When do you tend to notice this odor? Is it after wearing certain underwear or workout clothes? I have few items that I typically wear for working out. They smell fine when they are clean, but the moment I start to sweat in them - it's like it "activates" all the old smell from previous workouts. At first I thought the odor was coming from me, but it's was coming from the underwear/workout shorts.
September 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
It's usually after I've been working out. Or when I start working out daily it's like the smell gets louder even when I shower. I bought new workout clothes that are supposed to be breathable but they don't seem to be! Lol
I've used all sorts of feminine washes too. I've got terrible under arm odor since I've been nursing the baby and there is NO deodorant that works for me. Does nursing dry out the vaginal area or cause changes there? My dr advised that my underarm issue is likely related to nursing.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

September 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Nursing can cause vaginal dryness, yes. But that doesn't coincide with odor. Have you had a swab to rule out Bacterial Vaginosis?
September 6th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN
Nursing can cause vaginal dryness, yes. But that doesn't coincide with odor. Have you had a swab to rule out Bacterial Vaginosis?
Actually yes I did a while back after I had the baby and when I first noticed. I got my IUD put in several months ago and they swabbed then to check everything. Nothing. I hope it's not an issue with the IUD =\

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

September 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh an IUD! That's a critical piece of information! Go get checked again to make sure you haven't contracted an infection. Normally, there is a thick plug of mucus in the cervix to protect the uterus from infection - but the strings from an IUD hang down through the cervix, disrupting that plug and providing a passageway for bacteria to enter the uterus.
September 6th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN
Oh an IUD! That's a critical piece of information! Go get checked again to make sure you haven't contracted an infection. Normally, there is a thick plug of mucus in the cervix to protect the uterus from infection - but the strings from an IUD hang down through the cervix, disrupting that plug and providing a passageway for bacteria to enter the uterus.
Great. My luck I'll need to remove it and I'll get pregnant.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

September 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Well, the getting pregnant part is up to you - but when it comes to the possibility of an IUD related pelvic infection, DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THAT! Hopefully it's nothing, but get checked to be sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search