Who here has experience with recurrent bladder infections..

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay for weeks 19-23 of this pregnancy I had a bad bladder infection. My urine showed bacteria and blood and it was a resistant infection. My OB finally put me on shots of Rocephin and in week 24 it cleared up completely. He even ordered another urine culture which was negative.

Now I've been having pelvic pain and feel like I have to pee but not much comes out. Last Tuesday the doctor I work for did a U/A and it was positive for blood, bacteria, protein, nitrites and glucose. My OB had me come to his office and do another U/A he said it was only positive for bacteria and blood and that he spun it down and looked at it under a microscope I had a few white cells and a few red blood cells he said he would send it off for a culture but he really didn't think I had an infection.

Now he said they would let me know something Thursday and they didn't. I intended to call them but my ds had his tonsils out on Thursday so I've been busy with him.

My question is... I didn't think it was ever normal to have any blood or bacteria in your urine..is it??

How can he see blood and bacteria in my urine and say he doesn't think I have another infection??

I dont' understand all of this. I've never had bladder problems until this pregnancy. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have started taking my Pyridium again for the discomfort until I talk to my OB tomorrow.

THanks

July 23rd, 2006, 10:16 AM
Ashes78
Bacteria doesn't neccesarily mean there is an infection but it can lead to one. Many things can cause blood in urine though (even stenuous exercise). You can help prevent them by taking showers in stead of baths, drink lot of water, and wearing white cotton panties.
August 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Super Mommy
Stay away from anything other than cotton panties (the color doesn't matter.)

Take Cranberry pills you can get them from a health food store.

Double Void - When you go pee. Wait 30 seconds and try and pee again.

Drink lots of water

Wipe from front to back

Pee IMMEDIATELY following Sex.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I have had frequent bladder and kidney infections since I was 7.
August 17th, 2006, 10:37 AM
MommasLilFroggy's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to MommasLilFroggy
Quote:
Okay for weeks 19-23 of this pregnancy I had a bad bladder infection. My urine showed bacteria and blood and it was a resistant infection. My OB finally put me on shots of Rocephin and in week 24 it cleared up completely. He even ordered another urine culture which was negative.

Now I've been having pelvic pain and feel like I have to pee but not much comes out. Last Tuesday the doctor I work for did a U/A and it was positive for blood, bacteria, protein, nitrites and glucose. My OB had me come to his office and do another U/A he said it was only positive for bacteria and blood and that he spun it down and looked at it under a microscope I had a few white cells and a few red blood cells he said he would send it off for a culture but he really didn't think I had an infection.

Now he said they would let me know something Thursday and they didn't. I intended to call them but my ds had his tonsils out on Thursday so I've been busy with him.

My question is... I didn't think it was ever normal to have any blood or bacteria in your urine..is it??

How can he see blood and bacteria in my urine and say he doesn't think I have another infection??

I dont' understand all of this. I've never had bladder problems until this pregnancy. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have started taking my Pyridium again for the discomfort until I talk to my OB tomorrow.

THanks[/b]

I had a problem like this. I would go to my doctor every other week because of frequent urination, the urge to go, but not able to.. sometimes blood and never pain.. For three eyars it was going on and then abhout a month ago, my doctor gave me detrol LA which stopped me from going as much as I was.. infact, it stopped me from going at all. I went to another doctor and he referred me to a urologist. I had an IVP test which came back good, and then had a cystoscopy on the 8th and found and removed a tumor which was benign thank god. And the problems are going away. I would go to a urologist if I was you because its not normal to have blood & bacteria in urine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search