How long have you been "Disabled" or have had a medical condition?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2006, 11:17 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
How long have you been "disabled" or have had your medical condition, or were you born with it?
July 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
mom2be12007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom says ive been bipolar since the first day i got my temper. I have been treated back and forth since I was 14(20 now) for depression and anxiety, Finally inmarch of this year at the phsyc hospital they diagnosed me with bipolar and gave me the correct meds for that and they worked, not like the anti-depressants, i mean this helped....

August 9th, 2006, 12:44 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I have had Trichotillomania since I was 12 and Grand Mal Epilepsy since I was 17 (I am now 32)
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
July 15th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to newmom24
I was born with Congenital Hip Dysplasia but they didn't find it until I was 16 months old and I had to be in a body cast for a year and one leg is shorter than the other because of when they found it.I have had Asthma with Chronic Bronchitis for 10 years and suffered from Depression for 8 years.I have had Endometriosis for 3 years and I have had arthritis in my left knee for a year but I had surgery on it in 2002 and I've been having problems with it since 2001.

Brooke
<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div>
July 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Quote:
I was born with Congenital Hip Dysplasia but they didn't find it until I was 16 months old and I had to be in a body cast for a year and one leg is shorter than the other because of when they found it.I have had Asthma with Chronic Bronchitis for 10 years and suffered from Depression for 8 years.I have had Endometriosis for 3 years and I have had arthritis in my left knee for a year but I had surgery on it in 2002 and I've been having problems with it since 2001.

Brooke[/b]
Hi Brooke
We go to Findley all the time to camp! Small world

I have been disabled since 2002 when I started getting sick with Ulcerative Colitis. Been on SSD since 2005 and was dx with Multiple Sclerosis in 2006

</div>

</blockquote>
July 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
texasmomof2
I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1997, when I was 25. Then I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2001, spondyloarthropathy in 2003, Sjogrens Syndrome in 2006 and Bipolar Disorder/OCD in 2007. I've also suffered with Anorexia/bulimia since I was about 15. I'm quite the mess.
May 23rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been deaf since birth - runs in the family -

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
July 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was born with a congenital heart condition,so since birth. I developed severe scoliosis around the age of 6 years old. So I would say all my life.

~~~Thanks Patty(pattyandthemoos)for this great siggy~~~

September 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My mom says ive been bipolar since the first day i got my temper. I have been treated back and forth since I was 14(20 now) for depression and anxiety, Finally inmarch of this year at the phsyc hospital they diagnosed me with bipolar and gave me the correct meds for that and they worked, not like the anti-depressants, i mean this helped....[/b]

Can I ask u a few Q about that disorder? I think i might have that as well. MY dr said i have anxiety disorder.

Im wondering if excessive worrying is part of the symptoms for you.. not normal wrries... i mean EXCESSIVE. Dwelling, thinkiing the worst about everything.

Also do u get any kinda chest discomfort, pains, and shortness of breath with your anxiety, and sometimes for no reason at all.

Do you take medication while you are pregnant?

Quote:
I've been deaf since birth - runs in the family -[/b]
Really? Did u jus basically chek your baby frequently .. to hear if its crying? My bf is completely deaf, however his is rare. His parents are Type aB and Ab he is AB.

September 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy

Really? Did u jus basically chek your baby frequently .. to hear if its crying? My bf is completely deaf, however his is rare. His parents are Type aB and Ab he is AB.

I wear hearing aids so if I'm up during the day - I had my daughter (when she was a baby) in my sights and within my hearing range - during the nights I use SonicAlert baby monitor that'll flash when she's crying and I still use it to this day to help us wake up when my daughter is up in the ams. My doctor couldn't find anything genetic to why I'm deaf and my family as well.. but there's a new finding and I'm gonna be finding out if I can be tested for that as well as my daughter. If my daughter has that in her gene - more than likely she'll be late deafened later in life..

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
January 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi Send a message via Yahoo to Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi
I have suffered from Migranes since I was 9. I would pass out and puke from them. They faded off after I had my car wreck in 2002 when I was 15.

I have been in a wheel chair since then.

I have suffered from depression and "Negative DayDreams" since I was 11. Negative Daydreams are when I have these "visions" of something bad happening. We can be driving down the road and pass a semi and I'll have a vision of the semi hitting us. Or my son can be riding his bike and I'll have a vision that he falls off and something pokes through him. They almost always end in death. No therapist have been able to figure out why I have them or why they are all so vivid and fatal. I have to live with it and it gets very depressing. They basically bring on anxiety without me being panicky about things. I am not paranoid and know they are fake..but the thoughts are morbid. It's like going to a funeral every day.

My migranes have returned since my daughter was about 6 months old. They are worse than ever and I have recently been placed on a preventative med that I have to take every day. I get migranes on average 2-3 times a week. they are nasuating and immobilze me. I can't do anything when I have them
January 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
I too have severe headaches. I have a condition called Pseudotumor Cerebri. You will find a little more on my condition posted on my intro. I just wanted to welcome you to the board. My name it Patty. I hope to get this board a little more active. I also have migranes as well, so I know what you are dealing with. I hope to get to know you!
January 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have pelvic issues, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search