dont post here much but really need advice

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to heavenleighmommi
Thanks so much for listening, any advice will help!

About a 2 or 3 months ago I was eating steak and choked on it, to the point of having no air in or out. I finally got it to move out of my air way by just swallowing constantly. Anyway ever since that I have had a big fear of choking again. I mean nothing major but I worry about it.

Soo... (that will tie in with this) about a week ago I was really tired and got up for work and I dont usually drink coffee but I tried on of my BF's caffeine pills b/c I was really tired and needed to go to work. So when I got off work I took another ( figure they equal about a cup and 1/2 of coffee) so I thought i would been fine. That evening I was blowing up Heaven's blow up pool and started to feel really dissy and it didnt pass, also my heart was racing so my BF's mom watched heaven and I drive to the local fire station and then they took me to the hospital b/c my heart rate was 145 beats per minute and its only supposed to be about 80. So I get there and they give me an IV to hydrate me and tell me it was probably the caffeine pills so they send me home (even though I was not feeling up to the norm yet). SO the next morning its still bothering me and I go back in the hospital and my heart rate was still high, I felt like I couldnt breath, almost like I was breathing through a straw, and they did all kinds of heart tests on me, they test to see if I had a blood clot, checked my tyroid etc. Said I was fine. They proscribed me zanex and told me it was probably stress and me getting freaked out b.c of my fear of not being able to breath. I went to my doctor a few days ago b/c I still dont feel better and he proscribed me paxel. (anti-depressant). I am going crazy here, because everyday since I still feel like i cant breath. Like my airway is small or something, its really hard to explain but I dont feel like I am a depressed stressed person. I mean we are going through some stressful stuff, like about to move and Im starting school, etc. But I just dont feel like thats it, I mean everyday now it still bothers me, I have to calm myself b/c I really constantly feel like I have trouble breathing, even after taking the medicine. I have no Idea what to do anymore. Also, I hate taking the medicine. The zanex makes me feel all floaty, and the paxel hasnt started working yet but i have heard so many bad things about medicine like that, like it can make people crazy or have suicidal thoughts and I just dont want that to happen to me so I am need to decide if I am even going to take these medicines, I dont want to. but I also dont want this panicky weird not breathing feeling that I have everyday.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? I AM SO LOST. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO TAKES PAXEL OR ZANEX AND HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT IT? DOES IT HELP THEM?

ANY INFO OR COMMENT WOULD HELP, THANKS YOU GUYS FOR LISTENING!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search