Morning sickness/not keeping food down

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all,
I found out Friday me and my fiancé are expecting our first. This is not my first pregnancy, but my first one ended in a medical termination due to needing emergency surgery. I wouldn't have known had I not been super sick last Thursday and Friday and not being able to keep food or liquids down. I am still not being able to keep food down. I have kept some fruit down and some saltine crackers but that is it. I can keep ginger ale, water and Gatorade down now just not food. Doctors believe I am 12 weeks, but is not confirmed yet until ultrasound.
Is there anything anyone can recommend I can try and eat. I have tried dry cereal with no milk, chicken noodle soup and a few other things.
June 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Seems like you are trying the right things.
Crackers, Ginger Ale, Bread ...

You can try the BRAT diet - Bananas, Rice, Applesauce & Toast - as those are easy on your body.

I would call your OB and let them know - you may have HG aka "Severe" Morning Sickness where medication would be recommended like Zofran or Phenergan. Those medicines are considered safe in pregnancy and can help you feel better!

Other things you can try are:
Unisom/B6
SeaSickness Bands
Ginger Tea/anything Ginger

Hope you feel better & congrats on your pregnancy!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 12th, 2013, 10:37 PM
According to me that if you want to keep good fitness of the body and health then
you should be take healthier positive steps in the morning.Morning walk is my
favorite work in the morning for activeness to self...

San mateo personal trainer

Last edited by Malton; July 12th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search