Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, I joined this group hoping I could find some positive experiences with this syndrome, just insight in general really. It started with feeling a little sore in the pelvic region, but what bugged me the most was a dull pain shooting down my right leg to my knee, I noticed it while working and started lumping, but after sitting it would go away and I could once again walk. As the days went by I kept noticing pain in my ovaries and feeling nauseous through the day, I'm all for having right now so I got a little excited and thought maybe I was ovulating or already pregnant, or maybe my period was returning but for the first time since I had my last (no judgment please, I do have kids close in age) but the pain would get worse and I ended up at the ER to figure out what was going on, after scans ultrasound and blood work a small well as Urine sample I was just told "you have pelvic congestion syndrome, not muh we can do just take some ibuprofen for pain and consider birth control it might help take care of The problem" I went home, (it was around 2AM) i got up early that morning to get my kids ready for a doctor appointment, i picked up the car seat to walk out the door and all of the sudden the pain radiating from my ovaries to my leg became disabling, I couldn't walk forward or backwards, I got on my knees to crawl and couldn't even do that, I just laid there on the floor crying, my kids unfortunately were there alone with me seeing it all, I was able to call my mom who picked me up and took me to the ER. I noticed if I laid or rested for a little while I could walk for longer, but not much before intense pain would return. They ran more test, the first doctor made me sound like an idiot, almost like PCS was an imaginary thing or not really significant and was convinced it had to be a pinched nerve or a hip problem, x ray showed that was not The case and another doctor followed to tel me he would look into PCS (is t really that rare) he said he didn't be know much about it or how to fix it, but that once again, birth control was my only option, not really being sure either way if it 100% work . So I'm home now alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen trying to do my own research, there's not much here but from what I've found a radiologist could go in and do something to the veins causing the pain (varicose veins) I've also seen vitamin C and grape seed oil as a natural remedy that could make it more tolerable but not really take the pain away, the only blog I found with actual women's experience, was very depressing as most said a hysterectomy was their only option to completely get rid of The pain.

I'm sorry for the long post I just wanted to to give a little background story of what's going on, i want to continue to have kids, i don't know how PCS effects that, of pregnancy makes it worse or fixes it, i also don't know how to care for my kids now if this continues, will it get worse? What options do I have worth trying?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search