STD Testing

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Super Mommy
My dh hasn't been tested and we have been talking about it and want to make an appointment to get it checked out as we proceed with ttc in the up-comming months.

I was just wondering if when they do std testing if they test for EVERY std possible or if they just test for a few specific ones and what they were?
August 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM
sweetie
You can get tested anytime. Just tell your doctor you want to be tested for everything or go to a free clinic where you also have the option of anonymous testing (no names--they give you a number). You can look it up on-line.

Some doctors won't test for things unless you ask.
August 18th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Super Mommy
They will tell you what they are going to screen for. If they miss anything that you would question or be concerned about you can request that test as well. I believe my docs "standard" screen covered Chlamydia, syphilis, HIV/AIDS. For women every time I went they also did a culture which would check for any bacteria/yeast infections

August 20th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Regular
everywhere you go the testing is different but if this is your private gynocologyst you should request to be checked for everything, especially if you are planning on having a child. Good luck.

Women's Supplements

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search