Does anyone have Multiple Sclerosis?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Veteran
Is so, what symptons did you have to indicate a possible problem. Thanks.
November 10th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Wow! You posted this so long ago...I hope you see this response!! I have MS. I was just recently dx this past August. I was found to have seven brain lesions or "white spots". My Neurologist says I have had this for at least five years. I can relate my problems back further,more like 8 years. The final straw for me in actually even considering I had MS was this past summer when my face,hands and feet started going numb. I have also had difficulties with walking,at times it is painful to walk. My eye sight has also been damaged...become blurry at times,flashes of light around my perifferal vison. Extreme....and I mean EXTREME fatigue is another BIG symptom. Changes in your mood,personalty is another. Frequent urgency to pee,especially through the night. Confusion...I have alot of cognitive memory problems...hard time remembering words,searching for words,getting lost going someplace SIMPLE. PM me if you wanna talk

</div>

</blockquote>
November 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
shellybell57's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to shellybell57
My mother has MS and has had for close to fifteen years now. I help her out on a daily basis because like you, Colee, she has a hard time with simple decisions, etc. and the tiredness. On thing that we have found that has helped her out immensely is a product called Juiceplus along with her daily shots. If you want to find out more about the product just pm me and I can give you her email info. Even if you just want to talk about MS she is willing to talk to anyone about it and things that have helped her out coping with it. I know though that the juiceplus has been a lifesaver for her. She had been to the point that she was in a wheelchair and now she is able to be out and walking again.
November 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
You are so kind! What a wonderful daughter your Mother has in you!! I raise my kids to have empathy of those hurting around them,to help others in need. My only hope is when they become adults,they have as much compassion as you give to your Mother. There may be times when your fruscrated...but remember,so is she I'll PM you either tonight or in the morning when I feel less lazy...

</div>

</blockquote>
November 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
My mother has MS. She went to the doctor when the left side of her body started to feel numb and she felt a strange tingling sensation. After a series of MRIs they diagnosed her.

She has a very mild case and does not do injections. She gets an MRI every year to check on her progress, but she hasn't formed any new lesions in a couple of years. She actually sought out a homeopathic doctor and takes a series of vitamins and eats only certain foods. It's obviously helped, because since she started with this doctor she's had no relapses and her condition as stabilized.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search