Cervical Dysplasia

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2006, 08:31 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Has anyone been diagnosed with this? My drs. office told me I had both Mild Dysplasia and Severe. I had two biopsies taken two weeks ago and one came back mild (CIN 1) and the other severe (CIN 3).

I have to have a LEEP procedure in October to remove the cells that are CIN 3. The nurse said that they are pre-cancerous and if we dont remove them they could turn into cancer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone had the LEEP procedure? I am nervous and scared and trying not to think too much about it but cant help it.

I am still waiting on the dr to call me so I can set up an appointment for me and DH to go in and talk to her. I have a list full of questions and I plan on getting answers to every one of them.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone here had experienced this.

Thanks alot!
Casey

September 7th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Super Mommy
I havent heard of this before but I will research.... I wish you all the best and keep us updated
September 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had moderate dysplasia 10 years ago when i was 22. I had a biopsy followed by cryotherapy. I haven't had a bad pap since. Be sure to ask the Dr about the risks assoc with LEEP - it can increase the risk of incompetent cervix with future pregnancies.
September 11th, 2006, 10:56 PM
sstuver's Avatar Veteran
I had an abnormal pap back in December, but was told that MOST women with my results have the cells go back to normal after giving birth. I was pregnant then btw. I m/c in February and have been afraid to get any more tests done for the abnormal pap. I just m/c again at 6 wks. I've been wondering whether my pg symptoms could have been a cervical problem from the abnormal cells. Is it possible 6 months after an abnormal pap to have nausea, "the runs", frequent urination, and pelvic pain with no bleeding? My dr also took a sample of the "discharge" when she was checking my cervix to see if I was miscarrying this last time. She thought there was a lot, but got a negative result for an infection. Now I've been starting to read up on abnormal paps and cervical cancer and such and I'm worried. What has your dr told you about the cells? Your further along in the testing process and I would love to get your advice/thoughts.
September 24th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Shelli's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Shelli Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli
Quote:
Has anyone been diagnosed with this? My drs. office told me I had both Mild Dysplasia and Severe. I had two biopsies taken two weeks ago and one came back mild (CIN 1) and the other severe (CIN 3).

I have to have a LEEP procedure in October to remove the cells that are CIN 3. The nurse said that they are pre-cancerous and if we dont remove them they could turn into cancer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone had the LEEP procedure? I am nervous and scared and trying not to think too much about it but cant help it.

I am still waiting on the dr to call me so I can set up an appointment for me and DH to go in and talk to her. I have a list full of questions and I plan on getting answers to every one of them.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone here had experienced this.

Thanks alot!
Casey[/b]
I've had the leep procedure done befor i was pregnant i had abnormal paps come back it was a day procuder where they went in and numbed me and did like an electro scrapping of my cervix which it looked just like a little cheese cutter after the 4 weeks of the healing and then in may i found out i was pregnant and now i have yet again abnoramal pap come back and i go to a cancer obgyn each trimester for them to examin it to make sure it's not cancer but did you find out that u had abnoramal paps befor you were pregnant or while you were? cause i have some friends who had the same problem while they were pregnant and after they gave birth they were fine it cleared up i heard having that procedure while pregnant is not good my dr didn't want me getting pregnant knowing i needed the leep done and asked me to wait at least 3 or 4 weeks until after i healed befor resuming sex i'm 5 months along in my pregnancy so far everythings good but some of my cervix is not looknig good to the dr's they haven't gone to the extrem of doing any biopsy's just yet i have to go back in the next 6 weeks some point in november if everything looks fine then they will see me after the baby is born if not i may have to have a c-section done so the baby don't go down the birth canal & develope cancer just ask all the questions you want to know hopefully things will work out for you i'll pray for you
Shelli

September 29th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After giving birth to my son, I had a routine pap and all came back well. I went in a year later for my annual appointment and my pap revealed that I had severe cervical dysplasia (CIN3). After several site biopsies, my dr decided to perform a Cone Biopsy, a very intrusive and extreme procedure to remove the cells. The cone biopsy revealed that my dysplasia had become cancerous. Stage 1A1. It was as mild as it goes, but still cancer.

Since then, I've had two follow-up paps/colposcopy. The first came back clean, but only because I hadn't been fully healed. I just had my second follow-up and am awaiting the results. Praying that the results are clean.

To sum it all up . . . despite the fact that I was having regular check-ups, my cancer grew in a years time. The leading cause of cervical dysplasia and cancer is the sexually transmitted disease HPV. Most people don't even know that they have it. I had no idea. Unfortunately, I carry a very agressive strain, I suppose.

I hope that your doctors are proactive and are able to give you the care that you need.

Good Luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search