Hi im new

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to racerbabie6
Hi myname is lauren im fron the Teen pregnancy board...WEll i am 15 weeks pg today and I still have yet to quit smoking...I've cut back alot but...its not good enough...I guess where my problem is is that I like smoking so the motivation to quit doesnt seem like its there yet on the other hand my baby is more important to me than smoking. I used to smoke 30 regular cigarettes a day and I am down to 10-15 Ultra lights....I know ultra lights are no better than regular cigarettes but im just trying to wean myself before i just try and quit cold turkey. any advice??? It would be greatly appreciated!!

September 8th, 2006, 06:37 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun I am so glad you came here.. (((Hugs))) for taking the first step!

Number one, I think your weaning process is a great first step! before quitting cold turkey i cut down a HUGE amount so it doesnt seem like im going from PACKS no nothing. KWIM?

For instance since i have set october 1st as my quit date as the rest of us... I have cut down even more from my 5 a day. its not 7 pm and I have had 1... and that was first thing in the morning. So you are on the right track.

Second , it is very hard to quit unless you really want to. My suggestion would be to watch some videos. Go to your local library and see if they have anything on smoking and what it can do to you and your baby. maybe even research on the net! What you find may turn you off of it. I have noticed since my pregnancy has ended ciggarettes taste different to me now, and not in a good way. Its definatly helping the quitting! I will also search for some articles. Maybe i can find some motivation for you!

Another peice... Start replacing it with a new habit.. maybe each day, cut one more out! instead... buy a pack of gum. Maybe you go through the whole thing each day, but when you want a Cig, pop in a peice!...

I hope you can get through this.. and btw.. We have started a Quit club of sorts.. come and join with us, we will help each other out!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
September 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
thanks alot...i just need to quit..I want to but at the same time i dont which is what the big problem is......I am more of a stress and social smoker which i need to get out of the habit of doing that....I am going to try to do only a max of 8 cigs tomorrow...I've been practicing not smoking after eating or during my morning coffee and what not....So hopefully i will be able to quit and soon...thank so much for the advice...

September 8th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Stress smoking is what i do. I HAD quit... and started and quit again... a big old cycle. I have faith in you though. its hard. but it can be done!

[IMG]
September 9th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
i didnt do so well today...I had 15....7 over what I was shooting for....tomorrows a new day....i am frustrated with myself today about it but I cant change what i've already done....try again tomorrow.....I wish i never started smoking...lol.

September 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Oh hun. I wish I never started to!Just try again tomarrow, dont freak out over one bad day!

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search