Welcome to the Hysterectomy support board

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
tconway73's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Welcome!![/b]
Hi Patty,
My name is Traci and I too am from Michigan.

I had a hysterectomy a in Feb of 2005. It was a terrible time for me. However the two years before that was even harder. They found cancer cells on ovaries and at that point we needed to try treatment to see if we could shrink it. Of course all of this because my insurance company decided that they were going to make you jump through hoops before they would pay for a (Very Needed) Hysterectomy. As if having cancer cells in my body wasn't bad enough I now had to try treatment for two years to see "IF" they could shrink the cancer. Even if they shrink it wouldn't it still be there? So after two years of going to the doctors and being injected with Lepron shots each month and about 70 pounds of weight gain, they decided that the treatment wasn't working and there was no change in the size. Guess what then they said "Oh man we need to do surgery to get this out of her body" so she it doesn't spread. Well gosh didn't see that coming. It was just a terrible experience and I am so thankful it is all over with. I am doing okay now however, it took almost a year to get my hormones under control so you can imagine the moed swing. I had depression, I cried all the time for no reason. I was tired and most of the time hated myself. didn't sleep at night because I was either TO HOT or TO COLD. The night sweats drained me where I could barely function the next day. Finally after almost a year of this I was fortunate enough to find a medicine that balanced it all out. I hardly ever have hot flashes or night sweats as long as I remember to take my pill. Now don't get me wrong life isn't perfect but it is 100% better then last year. I am still struggling with my weight and of course with the medicine come weight gain. But I just try to watch what I eat and exercise as often as I can. This is the first time in a long time I am so thankful that I don't have a monthy friend that comes to my house anymore. I think about it now and think that it was all worth it to be freed from that hassle. I know I am rambling but I have never had a chance to talk about my feelings and how I felt with everything so I want you to know that just knowing that you will read this and was there listening means the world to me. These days I smile allot and seem to have many more good days then bad.

Thanks so much for listening...Traci
P.s I am not going to proof read this cause it is too long and I have tons of things to do today so I am so sorry for any typo's.
October 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
*Danielle*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in michigan as well. My name is Danielle and had a hysterectomy Nov. of last year after the birth of my daughter. I'm still trying to cope with it and I'm glad this board is up.

Thank you BAM for my great siggy

October 3rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Quote:
I'm in michigan as well. My name is Danielle and had a hysterectomy Nov. of last year after the birth of my daughter. I'm still trying to cope with it and I'm glad this board is up.[/b]
Hi Danielle,
It is so nice to meet you. I was glad this board was here too. There are so many things you go through after having a hysterectomy that your family and friends can't understand unless they have had one. There are so many days that you just need to talk about how you feel and have someone esle there that has gone through it. Well I want you to know that I am a wonderful listener and have went through it and would love to help in any way even if that is just talking. I am here if you need me and I wish you luck and hope that the coping days will soon be behind you.

Traci
October 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Regular
Hi Traci and Danielle,

I am very glad this support is out there. I am 36 years old and I had to have an emergency hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I am frustrated with how long it is taking me to feel better, with the complications occurring and how tired and sad I feel. I wanted to have children more than anything and I feel like no one understands the deep grief I am having. I have a good support network but everyone is trying to cheer me up and have me feel better. Well, I don't feel better and I feel such a huge loss. I had no time to make my decision and no time to prepare emotionally. And I had no idea how devastated I would feel. It feels good to write to some of you who may have also experienced all of this. I can't even look at a child without crying and I am a teacher and I am told I can't work for 5 more weeks. And the truth is, I don't know if I can ever go back to being with children.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm in michigan as well. My name is Danielle and had a hysterectomy Nov. of last year after the birth of my daughter. I'm still trying to cope with it and I'm glad this board is up.[/b]
Hi Danielle,
It is so nice to meet you. I was glad this board was here too. There are so many things you go through after having a hysterectomy that your family and friends can't understand unless they have had one. There are so many days that you just need to talk about how you feel and have someone esle there that has gone through it. Well I want you to know that I am a wonderful listener and have went through it and would love to help in any way even if that is just talking. I am here if you need me and I wish you luck and hope that the coping days will soon be behind you.

Traci
[/b]
October 15th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies my name is Samantha i had a hysterectomy on the 13th july this year 3mnths after having a c-section in april with my little girl.Im still very angry with what ive been through so much so ive distance my self from every one i know as none of them understand any of what im going through.Ive even stopped posting in the april 2006 playroom as i dont feel like i fit in now after what ive been through not that the ladies there really know what ive been through its just what im feeling at this time i really hope to get to know you ladies better.

Hi ladies my name is Samantha i had a hysterectomy on the 13th july this year 3mnths after having a c-section in april with my little girl.Im still very angry with what ive been through so much so ive distance my self from every one i know as none of them understand any of what im going through.Ive even stopped posting in the april 2006 playroom as i dont feel like i fit in now after what ive been through not that the ladies there really know what ive been through its just what im feeling at this time i really hope to get to know you ladies better.
June 25th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Samantha,

I am sorry to hear that you also had to go through this. I do understand your anger and frustration. I know what it is like to go through this alone. And when I say alone I mean that having others around you that haven't had to feel what we feel or go through what we have gone through. It is hard to explain to someone on how you are feeling or what your true needs are through this all. To be honest I had many many days that I had no idea what I needed or how or what that could make me feel better. It truly is an emotional rollercoster and I was ready to get off before I got one.

I do know this though.....

It will get easier and there will be a day that you will feel life getting back to normal. There is a plus in this as well even though right now there is no way that you can appreciate that plus.....but......you will be happy as the years go by that you no longer have to go through the periods and buying and using pads, tampons, birth control ect. It took me two years to get to that point and then one day I said, WOW I am so happy that I never have to have a period again!

I know this as well. I didn't take the hormone replacement the first year after mine. I heard allot of bad things about taking it. But, I changed my mind on that very quickly when it was just about unbareable getting through all the side effects of not having it. Once I started the hormone replacement I started to feel better, cried less, laughed more and started to feel human again. It was crazy that one little tiny blue pill made such a world of difference. I was crazy not starting out with this medicine in the first place.

It has been three years since mine and I can honestly say that I feel normal and rarely have emotional moments like I did before. It does get easier and before you know it, it is so far in the past that you will barley remember life before you had it.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I am an AWESOME listener and I am always looking for a great friend. I can help you get through some of the things you are dealing with or atleast help you try to cope. If you need me do not hesitate to call on me. I will help with anything I can. An ear to lend, advice, suggestions...whatever I can!

I hope that you will continue to come to this board and please don't shut yourself off from everyone. I know exactly what you are going through and how hard it can be at times. If you would like to talk in private you can email me at tracon73@charter.net if you ever want or need to talk. That goes for anyone else on this board that is going through this. You don't have to go through this alone.

My name is Traci if I forgot to mention that!!!!

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search