Hi all!

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
For those of you who do not know me, I am Holly. I am 27 years old and am married to Scott. I have 3 beautiful children and we are TTC #4.

I am a smoker. I have been smoking on/off since I was 14 I quit with my pregnancies. Well, I cut back to 1 cigarette a week maybe but not any more than that. I am now so sick of smoking and am trying to quit. I am down to about 5 cigarettes a day. I find my asthma really acting up, especially this time of year and I am sick of smelling of smoke. We do not smoke in the house or car anymore (I am sorry to say we used to) but where I work they do not want you smoking outside so I have to go into the breakroom where it is completely smokey.

So I am here to try and get ideas to help me quit smoking.

October 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the cutting down is the first step!
Then just finding things to keep you busy and replace it. Like when you want one, instead have a peice of gum, or buy some baby carrots to eat...
It will start to cut it down more.

Start doing something with your hands. like cross stiching.. it keeps your hands busy and the concentration will help you with not wanting one and not realising how much time has passed since you did have one!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
October 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like your ashma is a good thing at the moment, if its motivating you to quit. But like chelealamb said try doing something with your hands when you would normally be smoking.
Also dont make into something harder than it is (i know its hard though) but reward yourself. Just because your giving up something bad doesnt mean you shouldnt be rewarded for your hard work.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search