eating in front of other people?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2006, 01:25 AM
butterflygirlie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to butterflygirlie
well i guess i can be the first to post in here. i guess i kind of have an eating disorder, although its a little weird. all my life i have struggled with my weight, ups and downs like a rollercoaster. my problem is i can't eat in front of people unless i know them very well and even then its very hard. i just feel like everyone is saying to themselves omg i can't believe shes eating that, and things like that. even when theres parties and such i still wont eat but when no one is around i eat a lot. i guess its just paranoia or something that people are judging me. anyway i'll starve myself all day if i am always around people and then eat really fast when they all go. it is really hard sometimes. i guess i'm just scared to eat in front of someone else. i dunno i said it was weird...
October 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think this is weird at all.

Have you ever spoken to anyone about it? Maybe even a Dr?

Evreyone has their own little insecurities. Its learning not to care what people think, which is really hard i know. i think alot of people (they just dont admit it or relaise themselves) proberly eat less around others for fear of what they might say.

Have you got a partner? If so when your with them do you eat?
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

October 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to be like that too. Especially when my eating disorders (yes it's plural) were very active.

You should get it checked out, that way, if you exhibit any other eating disorder signs, they can be treated immediatly and you won't end up really sick with it.

It is NOT fun at all to be really sick. I had gotten so bad that all I basically did was sleep because I had NO energy and my weight was extremely low. I could barely lift my arms.

Ack! My foot fell asleep and is waking up!

Anyway, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I am trying to recover because I'm pregnant and want to do things with my life. Having an eating disorder made it difficult. I also want to live for my child and be there for his graduation and starting kind. and things like that.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I found going to eat with two friends then slowly increasing the amount of people helped. I realized it was me thinking that of others and not the other way around.It's still hard to eat at a party but if a friend is eating I can too. Now if there not I usually offer to get them something to eat when I eat or I just wait till later. It took a lot to get to that point and you really can't get discouraged. It helped if it was a dinner/movie or lunch/activity type of thing because it was a lot easier not to think of it right after too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search