Constipation

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM
DiamondsGlow
I feel kind of embarrassed writing this but here it goes

Ever since I was a baby I have had a problem with going to the bathroom, at 15 I actually ended up in the hospital because I got so backed up and they said I was very lucky I did not do any damage, I went from a flat tummy to looking like I was 6 months pregnant ... The doctor finally told me a name for it,
IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome ) and said I had a balloon bowel and should stay away from iron as much as possible.

Since having my son two years ago I have not had a problem with it but recently stupid me decided to start drinking Ice Tea which has a lot of iron in it (I know stupid me)....

Well now I have a large you know what that I can not get out and for the past like two hours I have been eating junk trying to give myself diarrhea.

I remember when I was little my mother use to give me some type of oil but I do not know what kind it was. The only oil we have in the house is Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil so would that be okay for me to take a teaspoon of or no???

Does anyone know anything I can do to help myself pass this stupid thing??? I have tried going to the bathroom several times but it just will not pass and my back has been hurting for a few hours which I remember back when I was backed up my back hurt a lot, I am not 100% that is why it is hurting now but it could be.

I am so freaking angry, I so thought I was threw dealing with this disease.
October 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
Jaxonsmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jaxonsmommie Send a message via MSN to Jaxonsmommie Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxonsmommie
OMG I have the EXACT same problem!! I was looking for someone with the same thing!! Try a stool softner, or idk if u smoke but drink a bunch of coffee and smoke a couple cigarettes. the caffine and nicotine react and sometimes cause diaherra. umm what else... hot baths, or lay down in the shower and let the hot water hit your stomach, heating pads... thats all i can think of right now but if i think of more ill let u know... Oh and sometimes (this is tmi) if you put two fingers in your vagina you might be able to help pull it down. Good Luck

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">PM me for a Siggy!</span></div>
October 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're thinking of castor oil. You can also take Milk of Magnesia.

October 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just went through this. It was there and I tried everything and I could not get it to come out. I had alot of lower back pain with it. My bowels were impacted and they did stuff to get things cleaned out. It was not fun what so ever but I went then. I would be taking colace daily. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and eat plenty of fiber. If you have hard stools that will not pass milk of mag will probaly not do anything.
November 3rd, 2006, 06:03 AM
michelle5971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to michelle5971 Send a message via Yahoo to michelle5971
Quote:
idk if u smoke but drink a bunch of coffee and smoke a couple cigarettes. the caffine and nicotine react and sometimes cause diaherra.[/b]

I have had this problem my whole life too. My mother also has it.
I drink coffee and smoke sometimes and I have always wondered why when I do it often makes me have to go to the bathroom when I hadn't been able to go for so long.

Loving wife to Jeff

Mom to Brian 19, Rachel 17, Brandon 9 and Jordon 7

Stepmom to Danielle 23, Dallas 14, and Jacob 10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search