I need your opinion

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ashtyns_mom
I have a list of sypmtoms:

I am always tired, I can wake up feeling rested by the end of 1st hour--I'm a school teacher--I am so tired... not really sleepy tired but I feel worn out.

I dont even have enough energy to want to play with DD, but I make myself.

I have been noticing lately that occasionally when I try to look at something my vision is blurry,

I am anxious, moody, and irritable.

I have no sex drive what-so-ever.

I get frequent headaches--pounding relentless headaches.

I get dizzy, shakey

I forget conversations that DH and I have. They could be A month, week, or just hours before. I can not recall having any of the conversation.

I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia around 10 years ago. The Dr told me that there was no way to treat it that I would just have to eat foods that had less sugar. I have been doing this but I feel like even the little bit of sugar that I eat now is affecting me worse.

Could I have developed diabetes? I was told by teh Dr 10 years ago that hypoglycemia was a steping stone for diabetes, and that I could easily develope it. I really dont want to go to the Dr, one b/c I dont have the money right now... I know I need to go and that money should not play a factor in my health, but if I have to choose between buying diapers for DD or me going to the Dr over something that is not life threatening I will choose diapers anytime. Secondly I just dont want to take the time or have the pin prick test done again. I hate needles.

i know that something has to be done I cant keep going like this. I swear I am in bed by 9 every night... and would love to be in bed sooner. sometimes I lay on the couch and doze before bed.

Is there anyone here with diabetes or with any experience that could help me?

October 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I'm pre-diabetic and had g.d., so I can only tell you what the dietician told me. Others with full blown diabetes will probably be more helpful.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) - shaking, fast heartbeat, sweating, anxious, dizzy, hungry, impaired vision, weakness, fatigue, headache, irritable

If you eat something and those symptoms go away within 30 minutes, you need to get your b.s. tested asap

Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) - extreme thirst, frequent urination, dry skin, hunger, blurred vision, drowsiness, nausea

The only way to test ^^ that one is to test your b.s. If it's high, you need to see a doctor asap.

Generally speaking, drink water, eat protein and high fiber foods, and cut out the carbs. If your symptoms improve, it's probably diabetes. If they don't, it's probably something else.
October 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is something worth looking into, but I would also check about Thyroid (post the question in the Thyroid board and see what those who have issues say) or Anemia. How long has it been going on???

October 27th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Ever since my Daughter was born so it has been going on for 18 months now.

Thanks guys.

October 27th, 2006, 12:54 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely get a good, thorough physical with your MD just to rule out or catch anything early. Do you take vitamins? How is your diet? Make sure to eat enough and drink plenty of water bc sometimes dehydration can cause the fatigue, dizziness...

BTW-- I love your siggy Who made it?

October 27th, 2006, 07:24 PM
THanks, I love it too. I think it was nikki mom of 3 boys or something like that.

November 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
ashlynsmom's Avatar Veteran
Hello, I hope that you had this seen about but if not, here's my opinion:

There is a really good chance that these persistent symptoms could be from elevated blood sugar, thus diabetes. But with the headaches, it could be an elevated blood pressure as well. Both of these things need medical attention ASAP. These diseases can be life threatening. Diabetes is a complex disease that affects ALL your vital organs and if left untreated, can result in nerve damage, vascular damage, kidney failure, and even worse--a stroke,heart attack, or diabetic coma. Because diabetes is a complex disease, a lot of people do not understand just how serious diabetes really is. I've had too many patients come through the ER who don't have a clue they were diabetic and their blood sugar would be 600. (The normal is about 70-110...Depending on who you ask). This is very dangerous!

Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be fatal too, if left untreated. Constant high blood pressure can cause a serious stroke or heart attack too.

How old are you and what is your family history like? Are you overweight (I know I am--lol!)? These things are major risk factors. You really need to see your doctor!!!

Other conditions that can cause similar symptoms are hypothyroidism and anemia.

So you really need to have your symptoms seen about to rule out any one of these serious medical conditions. Because in the end, you need to be around for your darling children. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of your babies!
I don't want to scare you but I wanted to give you my opinion. If it was me, I'd make an appointment with the doctor and worry about money later because my life is more important. I hope I help you to make that decision to go to your doctor!

I'm posting this, not to be mean, but to be honest and straightforward, in hopes that I let you see that your life is important, not only to yourself, but also to your family!

It is also likely that there is nothing wrong you and that your lack of energy and headaches are from your busy schedule, etc. But you need to be cautious.

God Bless.

November 4th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly....alot of what you described is what my husband has been going through. His doctored finally sent him to a Sleep Lab Clinic. You might want to check it out.

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search