The past few days have been rough...

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM
TGunn8232's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kaylie had high dose methotrexate last Monday and she did great until Saturday. She has been throwing up constantly since then. She went 12 hours without throwing up last night, but then she's done it twice this morning already. I feel so awful for her; I just want it to stop. She was supposed to have another LP today with chemo and more methotrexate, but they have put her chemo on hold until she is back up to par. I'm just frustrated and I feel like she's never going to stop throwing up.
October 30th, 2006, 12:29 PM
feather's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to feather
I remember those days very well. Some days my Logan was so sick, it seemed all she would do is lay on the couch crying and vomiting. Her nausea would never show up til the day after a new treatment usually.
Are her counts low? Is that why they are holding off the chemo for now or because of the reaction?
Do they have her on any anti nausea medication? I don't have any expierence with methotrexate, so I can't help ya there.
I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
October 30th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
As Heather had mentioned I was wondering if she had any anti nausea meds. I know they helpd Gav when he was icky! Poor Kaylie we hope she starts to feel better soon!!!

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
October 30th, 2006, 12:55 PM
TGunn8232's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are giving her 3 different anti-nausea meds. They weren't helping at all on Saturday, but today they seem to be working. Her counts are low and she has mouth sores, so the doctors think it's best if she just waits for the chemo. She hasn't thrown up since I posted last, which is wonderful.
October 30th, 2006, 03:33 PM
feather's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to feather
Glad to hear she is feeling a little better.
I remember it took almost a month and numerous different anti-nausea meds before they found one that worked for Logan.
October 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
YAY Kaylie! no more sickies ok! Gavin had those mouth sores ugh I hated those! I am so happy she seems to be feeling a lil better.

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search