Cigarettes

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2006, 06:55 PM
SunshineH's Avatar Member
Hi everyone, I want to quit smoking again but I just can't find it in me yet. I quit with both of my pregnancies, and yes I know I shouldn't have started back.......just so hard. I started back this time when Haley was 3 weeks old. I've had so much going on I felt like it was my only release. KWIM? No, I don't smoke in my house or around my girls, ever. And it's only maybe 5 a day, but I find it harder every time I quit. Anyone else think it gets harder every time you try to quit? Addictive little sticks arent' they?.....lol.
October 30th, 2006, 07:53 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its always very very hard. I would just say... Maybe post NO MORE CIGGYS signs around your house lol... Start by finding something else to do everytime you want one. Take up KNitting, if your doing something that requires alot of attention and time, you wont be tempted as much!

GL hun and come back here when you need more encouragment. Better yet, join our little group

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
November 14th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there..

I quit cold turkey 22 days ago, and yes.. it's tough. I have a 19month old son and I'm pregnant again. I did NOT quit because I'm pregnant.. I quit because I don't want to kill MYSELF.. how can we look at our children who love and need us, and then do something that is proven to increase our chances of early expiration?

I would politely and warmly disagree with the "NO MORE CIGGIES" signs, as they would only remind of you cigarettes. If you need reminders up, maybe consider the following? Just my opinion...

MY KIDS NEED THEIR MOMMY
IN TWO MONTHS I WILL HAVE SAVED ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A NEW COACH HANDBAG
MY HAIR WILL BE HEALTHIER
IF I CONTINUE TO SMOKE, MY KIDS ARE MORE LIKELY TO SMOKE
I WON'T BE STANDING OUTSIDE IN 2 DEGREE WEATHER
MY SKIN WON'T AGE SO QUICKLY
I WON'T COUGH AS MUCH
MY TEETH WILL BE WHITER
I CAN DO IT. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS NOT SMOKE

Best of luck!
Sarah
Daughter Sadie 5/7/07
Baby to Be 7/4/2010

December 3rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
manjusha's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to manjusha
wow...I really needed to read this topic..I had a hard time quitting with my girl ALANA and I had continued smoking even during pregnancy...for which I'll never forgive myself..I called it quits during the last few weeks and never missed it but now I've started again..I'am NOT having a puff from this moment onwards!
The funniest thing is I found quitting very easy..just never took the initiative to do so.
March 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
starilicious's Avatar Regular
I'm trying so hard to quit smoking too. I don't have any children yet. But I want to quit before we have any. I quit for like a month when I thought I was pregnant, but I started up again. I think I tried everything too... cold turkey, set a quit date, deep breathing, not thinking about it, gum, looking at smoking lung pictures, and watching those *truth* commercials... but nothing seems to work. I know it's a psychological, but it's so flippin' hard. They are addictive little suckers!

If any of you quit successfully and haven't relapsed, pls share your story because I really want to quit. It's so frustrating!!!
March 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
in2wishin's Avatar Veteran
Hi

I started smoking when i was 14. i quit for my first 2 pregnancies and then started again right after. I never smoked in the house or around my kids. I actually just quit again back n October, and although it was probably the hardest thing i have ever had to do in my life, I am glad i did it. I am on pregnancy #3 and honestly the thought just makes me want to puke! When i did quit i used the Nicoderm patch to help me. I know means believe that this any easy way to quit, it also takes a LOT of willpower. I think that you can only sucessfully quit smoking if you really truly want to do it. Before I became pregnant, it was a struggle every day not to smoke. Now that I am pregnant it just makes me nauseous. Hopefully after i have the baby, I will still have the same determination to stay smoke free.

Good luck to all who are trying to quit. Hopefully you will be successful. just remember to take it one day at a time, it is hard, but so worth it in the end!

Lisa

Britt 14

Hallie 5

New baby GIRL Oct 8 2007

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search