Had my last smoke - ready now!!

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2006, 12:51 AM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
Here is my story. i have been a heavy smoker for 10 years (i am 24) I am 33 weeks pregnant.
I have given up during my pregnancy, but with stress levels and losing my job unexpectantly i started again..... if anything, i just cant deal with the guilt anymore. I know if i have done damage, its already done. And i will never forgive myself for it But the depression is just so intense, that i pick up a smoke to calm down.... I know i am a bad mum, but i hope and i prey that my son will be happy and healthy..... I know many people will judge me, but not like i judge myself. But i just dont want to pick up another one again. Do you guys think he will be ok? I have always eaten well, taken my pregnancy vitamins every day......

Wish me luck ladies

November 1st, 2006, 05:51 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun, I willl not say smoking is a good thing. I quit on and off throughout my whole pregnancy. Its good you have done it. My doctor told me it didnt matter when i did, Later is better then never!

Your not a bad mom, there have been people who have done WAY worse while pregnant. Im sure your son will be fine, and we are all here for support to help each other STAY quit!!!

Good Job with fighting it. its hard specially when you are pregnant, because the cravings are 1000 times worse.

Keep up with it. we can Stay quit together

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
November 1st, 2006, 12:18 PM
I feel like a horrible mumma. THis isnt the way it was meant to be.

November 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM
I cant even go a full 48 hours. I am such a failure.......

November 2nd, 2006, 07:37 AM
carmennsingleton's Avatar Member
You can do it! I have smoked on and off since I was 16 and I am 29. Never a heavy smoker, but also never could say no and when times get tough it is the first thing I turn to. I quit the day my pregnancy test showed positive. I stuck to it b/c I wasn't doing it for myself, I was doing it for my son. Think of your baby suffocating when you smoke and maybe that will help. Also when you want a smoke, immediate do a thought replacement process. Which means you replace the smoking thought with something else. Maybe how you are decorating the room, or what you need for the baby. I wish you the best and just don't get down if you slip....get right back on the boat and you will be fine!

November 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its is hard. but i have faith in you. you can do this. keep trying ok!!! we are all here for you!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
November 14th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there... You are NOT a bad Mum. Get ready for this one.... how's this for backwards thinking?::::

So I'm 31 and have a 19th month old FABULOUS son named Joe. I have smoked heavily (on and off) since I was about 17. I smoked all the way through my pregnancy with Joe. My Mom smoked with my two siblings and I, so I wasn't overly alarmed by being a pregnant smoker.

Now I'm pregnant again, and I quit cold turkey 22 days ago. Did I quit for the baby inside me? NOPE. I quit for my son. I DON'T want to die early because of a relatively "preventable" disease.

I want to smoke about 47,892 cigarettes right now. But.. you could put a long luscious marlboro light 100 lit in front of me and I wouldn't take a puff, because I DON'T WANT TO BE A SMOKER.

Find what drives you to NOT smoke, and tatoo it in your mind.

I am here to help. I do not judge. It is a true hard addiction, but we are all stronger than it. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.
Good luck!

Sarah
Daughter Sadie 5/7/07
Baby to Be 7/4/2010

December 3rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
manjusha's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to manjusha
I know you can do it because you've done it before! try try try!!!
December 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM
tim_horton's Avatar Veteran
You're not a bad mom. You're doing your best. Keep doing that.

If you can't quit altogether, don't give up on yourself. Just smoke as little as possible. For example, only smoke 1/2 of the cig instead of the whole thing. And smoke outside so that the second-hand smoke doesn't do even more damage.

And please, don't feel guilty. You are only human.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search