Pill for fewer periods

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM
DiamondsGlow
I was watching discovery health channel when a commerical came up talking about a way to have fewer periods and they gave a website so I decided to check it out.

According to the site you take a pill that they say is very safe and will not effect you trying to get pregnant after you stop taking the pill and it also helps prevent pregnancy.

I am thinking about getting on it but not 100% sure yet.

If you wanna check it out go to fewerperiods.com
November 24th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Quote:
I was watching discovery health channel when a commerical came up talking about a way to have fewer periods and they gave a website so I decided to check it out.

According to the site you take a pill that they say is very safe and will not effect you trying to get pregnant after you stop taking the pill and it also helps prevent pregnancy.

I am thinking about getting on it but not 100% sure yet.

If you wanna check it out go to fewerperiods.com[/b]

It's Seasonale, a brand of hormonal birth control. It's really no different than any other form of hormonal birth control, except that you continually take pills for 3 months at a time to try to avoid having a period.

Before you consider taking it, read some user reviews of Seasonale. There have been a lot of women who love it, but there are also a lot of women who hate it because of the nasty side effects.
January 9th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Veteran
I'd be nervous about anything that completely disrupted the body's natural cycles like that... we have periods for a reason and I can't see it being healthy to keep messing with that.
January 9th, 2007, 06:41 AM
paganempath
You can do that with any pill. You just don't stop taking them-- once you finish the three weeks of active pills, you go straight to the next pack. I've done it before. You might get some break through bleeding though.
January 9th, 2007, 11:40 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It carries the same long term health risks as any other hormonal contraceptive (not worth it for me). It works the same way, primarily with 3 actions:

1. To suppress ovulation
2. To thicken cervical mucus to impede sperm travel
3. To thin the uterine lining in case of breakthough ovulation and conception, then implantation can't occur
February 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Snowpeas
The "small print" on the commercial says that the first year the amount of bleeding days is equal between seasonal users and regular bcp users. So it sounds like a lot of breakthrough!
February 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I just had Mirena put in (it's a IUD) ~ if you're looking for something with no bleeding or very light bleeding.
www.simplymirena.com

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
March 29th, 2007, 11:11 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I was on a bunch of different brands of birth control to try and suppress my period for over three years. Instead of taking the fake sugar pills I would move on to my next pack. I dealt with the pills just fine and I'm generally not one to be able to handle medication well. I had breakthrough bleeding sometimes but it wasn't anything major at all. One of my ovaries wasn't developed properly because I didn't have a period for so long. It just made me break out in acne everywhere. It cost me thousands of dollars to try and fix it. But it didn't impair my ability to get pregnant at all. I wasn't even trying to get pregnant and it happened after being off them for a couple months and having three regular periods.

Everyone is different though. I don't think it's always a good idea to stop your cycle or try to lessen the amount of days unless it's for a medical reason.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search