questions about IBS

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
so this is for my husband, not me-but they dont have a "mens health" lol. And VERY TMI!

He has several bowel movements during the day (3 times). Most of the time it is diahrea and it comes on really fast. It usually happens right after a meal. He notices it also has mucus in it. If anyone has IBS or has had any experience I could GREATLY use some insite. TIA
December 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
nlp32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does it usually happen after he eats certain things or anything? Get Imodium! It controls the spasms and helps with the pain because it stops the spasms. I have bad IBS and have had my gallbladder out so I know how he feels. You get to the point where you don't want to eat because everything hurts. Stress also makes it worse, so if he can de-stress a little that may help. Also digestive enzymes work wonders in controlling IBS. The company Freelife, has a digestive enzyme that works WONDERS!
Good luck! I hope he feels better soon!

Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
<div align="center"></div>
December 4th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I have IBS,along with Ulcerative Colitis(which bothers me WAY WAY more)...my question is:has your husband been dx with IBS? Has he had a colonoscopy performed to determine whether it was NOT IBS but IBD? Does your dh have any blood with his BM's? Is he taking any meds for his IBS? Does he have weight loss? I'm sorry I am asking sooo many questions...I just worry. Alot of people think they have IBS,but arent actually dx...not even realizing there are other illnesses out there that it MAY be.

With my IBS I get constipated....with my IBD I get urgency and the diarhea. IBS is irraitable bowel syndrome...IBD is Inflammatory bowel disease. With IBS you can be cured with diet,foods you eat. With IBD you have it forever....it is chronic...however with UC you could have your colon removed to "cure" the disease. Another form of IBD is Crohn's disease...which is also chronic and NON-curable.

I guess I cant be much help because my IBS doesnt cause the diarrhea....but I will check back here later in case you have any questions...I try to keep up and up on colon health because of my own issues.

</div>

</blockquote>
December 4th, 2006, 11:12 AM
He hasn't been to a dr yet-I was just looking up his symtoms online last night. He hasn't really paid much attention to what he's eating and when it comes on-so he's going to start keeping track. Almost every bowel movement he has is diahrea, and he hasn't said anything about blood-just mucus. And no weight loss-weight gain lol. Should we start with just some Imodium and see how that works? Does he take it every day, or just after a loose BM?
December 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Take the immodium as directed on the box There may be underlining conditions and a doctor will better be able to help with his symptoms.

</div>

</blockquote>
December 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM
thanks so much! we will definately give that a try and then send him to the dr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search