ok, now, HONESTLY...

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Mommy2jnd's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2jnd
What does nicotine withdrawl feel like? My fiance and I are attempting to quit...for about the 100th time. We have maybe one more pack of cigarettes, and, after that we aren't buying anymore. The main thing I'm afraid of is how bad I'm going to feel, and for how long? I REALLY, HONEST TO GOD want to do this...I'm just not sure I can handle it...everyone I know smokes. Tomorrow I'm starting potty training my daughter, and bottle breaking my son. Am I going to be a total b*tch??

December 5th, 2006, 08:01 AM
tim_horton's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Am I going to be a total b*tch??[/b]
Yes. Probably, depending on how much you smoke. I'd say if you smoke at least half a pack a day, you will be a bit unpleasant at first!

Most people also gain an average of 5-10 lbs. So be sure you have healthy snacks or other oral fixations. I find it actually helps to have a cigarette and pretend to smoke it (sounds stupid, but it satisfies your need to do something with your mouth, and also gives you that big breath of oxygen that you get when you take a drag of a cig)

The good news is that the cravings don't usually last more than a few days. Good luck!
December 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the honesty! And actually, if I gained 5-10 pounds, that would just be another plus to quitting!

December 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its definatly like being pmsing lol.. for me at least. im sure for everyone its different.

but for me, i feel crabby, and very very irritated! I dont answer the phone or anything for two days!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
December 11th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Castaway
I quit for about 3 years before when I became pregnant, although I am smoking again now. (As a matter of fact I ran out so I am in a cranky mood)

Anyways when I quit before the way I did it was really easy. I slowly decreased my intake. Putting them out half way, doing stuff to keep me busy. When you are busy you don't really think about it. My daily in take became less and less and the nicotine just dimished from my body, I woke up one morning and didn't have a desire to have a smoke. I had about half a pack left in my freezer which I gave away. I didn't go through a withdrawl this way although I did have the thoughts once in a while, like feeling the need to hold one or something then I would think oh yeah I don't smoke and think about something else.

December 13th, 2006, 10:38 PM
that's kinda what we were doing...we were down to only smoking like 1 or 2 a day, and we were doing GREAT...then came the weekend and we were around everyone we know, who ALL smoke...gar...now we're slowly easing back up...right now I'm up to half a pack a day. Still less than before...just not good enough for me! Maybe I'll just avoid everyone for a while??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search