Pain

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Fire_Eyes876's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Fire_Eyes876 Send a message via Yahoo to Fire_Eyes876
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not to the boards. I really don't know where else to turn. I had a beautiful baby girl about a week ago and everything has been going great up until just recently. Monday, early in the morning I started having very sharp unbearable pain on the right side of my uterus, and it took at least a half an hour to 45 minutes to go away. Now I know that this is completely not a normal part of my post labor recovery. Anyways, I went to the ER and all they did was take blood and a urine sample, prescribed me some pain medication and sent me home. They said everything looked good, and yet I was still wondering why I had been in so much pain. Early this morning it happened again, this time I did not go to the ER, but I did call my doctor, and she said that she wanted me in for an ultrasound. I went to get an ultrasound today, and the doctor said everything looked normal, which makes me want to scream. There has got to be something going on down there, although I'm glad that everything looked normal, but I still want to know whats going on. I have never been in this much pain in my life, I mean its worse than my labor contractions. I can barely move, and it almost puts me in tears. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this or someting similar. If anyone has any suggestions as to what might be going on, please I would really like to know. I'm definitely not looking forward to going through that again.

<div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
December 8th, 2006, 07:11 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I assume they checked your appendix and gall bladder on ultrasound? I'm not sure exactly what they were looking for. I had terrible pains, but I had a c/s so the pain was from nerves re-attaching and from knots in the internal stitches rubbing my skin. Was yours vaginal or a c/s?
December 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Fire_Eyes876's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Fire_Eyes876 Send a message via Yahoo to Fire_Eyes876
Yes, I'm pretty sure they checked my gall bladder and apendix. I had a vaginal birth with no complications, so I really have no other ideas.

<div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
December 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
After I had my daughter I had TERRIBLE pain...so bad I had to curl up in fetal position and just LAY like that to fall asleep. I never went to the ER for my pains...just chalked it up to having a really BAD stomachache. About 4 monthes after I felt those pains I started to notice blood in my stool. Turns out to be colon problems...for me. I am not saying that is what is going on in your case. BUT,I would go into family Doctor and get things checked out.

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search