Affect?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
How does your disablity affect your everyday life?

</div>

</blockquote>
December 10th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
I thank God for helping the doctors find out what I had and performed the surgeries I needed to implant the shunts that I needed... I wouldn't be here right now. I had trouble with math when I was in Elementry school but after havng a tutor I was able to get the hang of it. Then after that I had trouble with English classes. For years I was unaware that I had a learning disability, but I was able to go mainstream and granduated on time. Then in 2002, I took a test at a college I was at and then I found out I had a LD. I started to get help with my studies then. I believe my LD effects my social life, education and other stuff. My LD is Nonverbal Learning Disability which is associated with my disability.
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>
December 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Thank you for sharing your story I struggled through school...but it wasnt until recently my therapist suggested my having ADD(which possibly contributed toward lower grades and my struggles with school).

I was dx with Ulcerative Colitis in 2002. At first it was just weight loss and lots of diarrhea. But then came the blood and constant stomachaches. Shortly after my dx I was hospitalized and then completly disabled from work. This year alone(2006) I have been on prednisone three seperate times plus another steriod called Enotcort. They are used to stop the inflammation of my colon. I just CANNOT stop flaring at all and I am beginning to lose hope. Having UC affects my dailey life because there are days I CANNOT leave my home...sometimes up to a week at a time. I may cancel my NEEDED doctors appointments because I am just too ill to even be at the appointment. I have lost the ability to control my bowels. ONLY while flaring,I acnnot control them. If I have the urge to "GO" then I need to find that toliet NOW...otherwise I will have an accident. This also really affects my life with my family,my children,my husband. I cant always play with my kids because my stomach feels like it is being chewed apart. My husband wants to be a "normal" 27 year old...go out with friends,go out as a couple/adult and have fun. I hae to turn him down alot because of my being ill.

I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis in August of this year(2006). Although I am newly dx with MS,I have had this for "at least five years"--per my neurologist. I believe it's closer to 8yrs. I have a constant Fog feeling around me...which I am told is from excessive sleepiness,that comes along with have MS. I feel like a third party in my own life...like I am 'floating' above watching my life in slow motion. I get constant naggin' headaches and migraines. My muscles and joints are always stiff. If I sit too long or stand in one position to long my body hurts. Sleeping is nice,but waking up in the moring I am in PAIN because of the stiffness. I have cognitive memory loss and confusion...people find this very funny. As if I am joking...but it's not funny,it's sad to feel confused in life...or what just happened and you cant figure it out. My hands,feet and face go numb when I become over heated...well geez,everything stops working when I become over heated. I have terrible vertigo that makes everyday things a challenage becase of the dizziness.

</div>

</blockquote>
December 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
Some people think I have ADD but I haven't been preperly dx for it yet. O
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search