Two for Tuesday

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
On-topic:
What's your favourite prayer, quote or bit of spiritual wisdom at the moment?
(short things can be quoted here otherwise add a link rather than copy & pasting thanks)

Off-topic:
What colour are your toenails painted today? lol

June 30th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Good Morning!

One of my favorite "prayers" is meditation upon the four agreements (taken from the book The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz).

The agreements urge you to attain spiritual harmony (and stress relief!) by following the 4 "rules":

1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don't take anything personally
3. Don't make assumptions
4. Always do your best

After I truly decided to committ myself to a life following these agreements, I saw a lot less personal drama, stress, anxiety and trouble in my life.

My toes are bare!!! I am getting a pedicure later this week!
June 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
I love the Lord's Prayer, especially in song.

YouTube - Charlotte Church The Lord's Prayer

So beautiful!

June 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
I don't really have a prayer....it's a quote from the new Disney movie, Princess Protection Program..."I am not a fool. You cannot make something of me that I am not. I will turn the other cheek, b/c that is what princess' do."

and they aren't painted at the moment....getting ready to do that sometime! LOL

June 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my bit of thinking for the week is the famous phrase, "God never gives you more than you can handle." But here's where my part comes in - I dislike this phrase immensely. I am of the belief that we chart our own lives so I don't think the powers that be give us these challenges, I think we give them to ourselves to learn from. (just my opinion.) One of the NICU nurses had a comeback for it, from when she was in a situation where people were constantly saying it to her: if that were true, then why do so many people commit suicide?

sorry to ramble but my whole point here is that my personal belief that we chart our own lives has helped me to blame less and look for the knowledge that comes from every situation rather than blaming things on the powers that be and saying "why me?" and wasting my energy obsessing over them.

my toes are a shimmery white/pink that one coat just gives a nice shimmer with almost no color, like mother of pearl.
June 30th, 2009, 12:32 PM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
favourite prayer I love Ave Maria sung. A friend of mine sung it at my boss' wedding and it was beautiful. My toes are flaking from french manicure paint...time to redo!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

June 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
My favourite prayer at the moment is still the Prayer of St Francis. Thank you so much girls for sharing yours so fully!

My toenails are nude at the moment, I just thought I'd be nosy about the rest of your toes!

Tags
tuesday qotd , two for tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search