QQOTD! 26th October

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

Ancient Proverb

What eco-friendly practices do you do every day and what ones do you teach to your children?

October 26th, 2009, 02:00 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we recycle as much as possible both green waste and plastics etc. I even get phelix to bring his food waste home so we can recycle it

October 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hmmm thats a good question! We recycle as much as possible- there is so much more we could do!!
October 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Recycle as much as we can. Compost heap for next year. Cut down on left overs and what leftovers we have is lunch for DH and I. We reuse Ziploc baggies and tin foil as much as we can. It's not much but we try.

October 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We recycle as much as we can... There's more we could do.
October 27th, 2009, 01:07 PM
lilflower
I recycle and use household things for cleaning like baking soda vinegar, plus we use a lot of cloth things and chalkboards for home
October 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We used to recycle - mum recycles everything - but here at the flat they just have a communal bin, no recycling bins. If I had more time I would take our stuff to the bins up at Sainsbury's or something but it's not a job I can do with Daniel around really. I might see what types of bins they have and whether it would be worth my while dropping it off on a Saturday.

We use energy saving light bulbs and try to remember to turn everything off when we're not home. We re-use a lot of things, it's easy now as school are always collecting stuff for junk modelling! Daniel also likes planting things so I might try for some more house plants next year. I'm not very good at gardening but I used to enjoy it back when I had a garden in Preston (as oppose to a little yard in Horwich and nothing here). If I have a garden again in the future I'll definitely cultivate it to have plenty of things for butterflies and bees and grow some fruit and veg organically. At the moment at least I have my herbs and my aloe vera, it's not much but it's a start.

I'll also pick up other people's litter when I'm out if I'm not rushing. Littering disgusts me.

We also recyle everything at work.

I think one of the most important thing we can do as parents is cultivate a love of nature in our children, nieces, nephews etc - teach them about the birds, animals, trees and plants and provide opportunities for them to experience nature first hand.

Tags
inspirational quotes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search