QQOTD 27th October

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
"Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is like trying to cover
the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes."

From `Happiness and God's Grace' by Ramana Maharshi

Do you try to look inside to address the issues in your life?

October 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes! I always look at myself first- because usually issues that I am having are because of me! i've noticed that when I make changes in myself other things start to change around me- people even.
October 27th, 2009, 09:14 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to look at myself. Some issues from when I was younger I didnt really deal with (my mothers death when I was young) and now I have to because BIL girlfriend is going through something simliar with her mum and Im trying to help her and her younger sisters deal with it all....although it it hard, I think its the universes way of making me finally deal with it and grieve properly like I should of when I was 15.

October 28th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, trying to heal from the situations that I grew up in and learn and grow from them.... life's lessons I guess you could say... I know now that I had it easier than some, worse than others. And making sure that I break that cycle. A lot more to it than what I said here.. still a work in progress.
October 28th, 2009, 02:20 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
to be honest not at much as I should. I am quite guilty of placing blame on others at times without thinking about how I could change myself. I have looked at myself at certain points of my life in the past when times have been difficult and have been proud at how I have dealt with/come through certain situations

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

October 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
always. i have a habit of blaming myself for everything even when it is not my fault.
actually yesterday is an example. my best mate jane told me her and my god daughter had been in and out of hospital while i was away but because she knew i was on hol she didnt contact me. i blamed myself for being a rubbish friend who she didnt feel she could turn to and made myself pretty ill but in fact looking at it from the other side, she was just protecting me from worry while i was away because we are such good friends she wanted me to enjoy myself.

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
October 28th, 2009, 05:24 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Oh yes. I look at myself a lot. I was really forced to in therapy and it's stuck. It's made a better life for me. Better to face the crap now and then move on to the sunshine than let it build up and not know what to do with it all.
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

October 28th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I do intermittently, especially if I've recently been reading inspirational and self-help stuff. When I go through "dark" phases though I do have a habit of looking externally for fixes and it never, ever works. I hope to get to the stage some of you here are obviously at where you look to yourself FIRST whenever something goes wrong.

However, I do think balance is important. Sarah, of course Jane knows she can turn to you, daft mare!! She probably figured there was no point worrying you when you were too far away to do much about it. And let's face it you had enough to do and to think about when you were down, you never blooming stopped lol! How are she and Chloe (it is Chloe, isn't it?) now?

Tags
inspirational quotes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search