QQOTD Oct 29th

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
"When does gold ore become gold?
When it is put through a process of fire.
So the human being during the training becomes as pure as gold through suffering.
It is the burning away of the dross. Suffering has a great redeeming quality."

Bhai Sahib

When you look back at hard times in your life, do you notice in retrospect any gifts you were given or valuable lessons learned through the situation?

October 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes. ive found you may not see them at the time but a few years later you realise what it was giving you in the long run which is good

October 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thats a really good question and I have been thinking about it all day- when I really truly look back at hard times in my life- I realize how humbling those experiences really were...there was always something to be learned and I may not have seen it at the time and there are some situations where I still haven't seen the lesson but I know it's there.
October 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I do... I have looked back on a lot of things that has gone on in my life and noticed certain things that have made me the way I am. And has taught me numerous lessons. I am learning that I need to THINK before I speak... Also taking out a lot of negative thoughts, emotions, reactions and have started to see the positive aspects in all things, no matter what the situation (still a work in progress). Have also figured out that a lot of things are beyond my control, how to handle those and how to handle the things that are.

Some of the lessons you can see right off, some it takes years to finally remove the wool from your eyes so that you can see the lesson (s) involved. When to engage in a situation and when to remove yourself from one or to distance yourself from it and look at it from another perspective.
October 30th, 2009, 02:59 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I went through a very dark and tough time in my early/mid teens but now see how it has shaped me and made me a better person and also made me appreciate how good my life is now

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

October 30th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have definitely experienced this...many times. Every hard time I've had has been the catalyst for something else. Even that horrible time I went through with my IBS and the last teaching job I had led me to find a different career path temporarily and led me to the OU...and look at what that's led to...apart from increased confidence the chance to learn new skills and do my ECDL and study music. I think also the way Chris was to me during that time was one of the big pushes towards ending the relationship, which has been a great thing for me.

There are still things that have happened that I can't see the sense behind as well - for example, the trauma surrounding Daniel's birth - but on the whole I'm getting better at seeing the lesson earlier, or at least trusting that there is a lesson there and a reason behind things. Some of the great lessons I have learned in the last 5-10 years or so are courage, independence, organisation and time management (and losing any procrastination). And also knowing when to ask for help.

Tags
inspirational quotes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search