Daily challenge October 30th - updated see post in red

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Some of the challenges this year will be about quick and simple pieces of spiritual work you can do, as I feel we all need a bit of a spiritual boost. These challenges will carry 20 points as they will require more thought though not necessarily more effort.

Today's challenge is one of these.

For your first 10 points, write a request in this thread to your angels, guides, higher self, an archangel, God/Source, or the Universe itself, asking for 3 signs to prove their existence. Alternatively you could tell them an area of your life you need help with, and ask them to give you 3 signs or do 3 things in that area of your life to show they are helping you.

For your second 10 points, come back and post ANY signs or happenings in your life that you feel might be your "answers."
I have found when doing things like this that it's usually things that you really can't deny - coincidences that can't be pure coincidences, if that makes sense. For example, when I was feeling down after leaving Chris last year I asked for 3 surprises to make me feel better. At the time one of my front teeth had a lot of staining on it and I was upset about it but couldn't afford to have it re-filled at the dentist. The day after I asked for the surprises, I was brushing my teeth and the old filling fell off, taking the stain with it. I was then able to get it re-filled on the NHS because it was necessary work. To me, that was an undeniable answer and I DID get all 3 nice surprises but I forget what the other two were whereas that first one sticks in my head!

Other signs can include feathers appearing in your path or even in your house, other lucky occurrences such as a black cat crossing your path, seeing a favourite or message animal in nature (or even in your garden), a surprise gift coming to you, a surprise monetary win, an act of kindness from a friend or relative (or even a stranger), a lucky find, seeing a rainbow, having a significant lucid dream, etc, you get the idea.

There is also a quick bonus challenge today! For 10 points, remember the A-Z you posted on Wednesday? (If you didn't you'll have to do the 28th Oct challenge before this bonus challenge)
Get it right through the alphabet to Z by the end of Sunday (your time)!!
You may bump it by posting in it yourself, but you may not double post or post more than one letter at one time. Any other dastardly tactics such as pm'ing other members or friends from other boards and asking them to participate...well that's up to you.

YOU GET THE WEEKEND OFF SO YOU CAN SPEND IT CATCHING UP WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES OR TAKING TIME TO DO OTHER THINGS READY TO COME BACK TO IT ON MONDAY!

Some weekends I may post a bonus challenge but I won't be doing that this weekend.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; October 31st, 2009 at 03:39 AM.
October 30th, 2009, 01:31 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dearest God,

I thank you for all of the blessings and lessons you have provided in my life. I know that I have much to learn and you are showing me things I need to know. In my heart I feel that I am meant to stay home with my sons, maybe not at the first of the year, but very soon. Please provide me with 3 undeniable signs that I cannot explain away to help me understand if my feeling is correct, and what I must do to fulfill this goal.

May your will be done.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
October 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My heavenly father-

I have full trust and faith in you that you are in charge of my life and my life's path- I however continue to question what is in store for me down the road. I am very nervous about having this baby and about adjusting to life w/ her after she is born. I want to switch careers and get out of teaching because I am so unhappy there!
I am asking for 3 signs that show me that everything will be OK and that all will work itself out.
October 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
Angels:

As I become more connected w/my spiritual self, I am questioning who I am. I feel that things in the future are looking well, and I feel very connected to what I'm doing spiritually...working with the ocean magic. Please provide 3 signs that are very in my face that I cannot ignore to show me that I am on the right path.

October 31st, 2009, 12:34 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
god
Am very thankful for all the blessing in my life you have given me. I would really like to connect with you, the angels to help me realise where my faith is and to help expand, enrich and become more enlightened with it. I would be very grateful if you could show me 3 signs of this to be happening

thanks

October 31st, 2009, 02:45 AM
I just wanted to bring my energy to this thread for you girls to all get very swift answers.

In my experience, if an answer is available for you they will make it happen VERY quickly. As you're not actually asking them to manifest something in your life, but rather for a signpost or a message, it's much easier for them to bring it through fast.

Christine, I've BTDT, I hope things work out for you hunny

October 31st, 2009, 03:37 AM
Just to draw attention to it I've extended the time you have to get your A-Z to Z until end of SUNDAY your time, I hummed and hahhed about the deadline when I posted it originally, and figured Friday was too soon especially for those who hadn't posted their A-Z yet. So keep going at them! (I've just done an entry on all of them for you as well).

October 31st, 2009, 03:06 PM
lilflower
Higher Power-

I am lost. I don't know what's coming or going at this point. I am asking you to show me in 3 simple, yet inexcusable signs that you are here and that I will be finding myself soon. Please.

My 3 signs happened today! First, I got perfect sleep and my dream wasn't intruding on my peaceful rest. Second, I reconnected with the babies father. And 3rd.....I encountered an angel. I'm going to post separately about that though.

Last edited by lilflower; November 1st, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
October 31st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dear Universe,

I am so very Thankful for the people you have sent to be in my life, my family, Soul-sisters and those I consider friends and the life lessons that I have been taught. I am confused on what my path should be, as there are many different belief systems that I have found that I very much agree with. Please show me 3 signs (that dense me can not miss) to show me the way on my spiritual journey.
November 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I have collected 10 points (plus 1 challenge) for everyone so far but 20 points for Lillian as she has also posted back about her signs.

It's absolutely fine for anyone to start this challenge now or come back and post their signs.

I will be looking at the A-Z threads separately to see if anyone got round the alphabet by November 1st.

Tags
challenges , daily challenges

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search