Daily challenge November 4th

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This is a pretty straightforward one since I'm attaching a couple of small bonus challenge to it, which may be more work for some people depending on what you have done and have not done before.

Today's challenge is simply to post in this thread about your opinion of General Spirituality as a board. How much you enjoy it, how often you use it, what it has done for you or taught you, what you have particularly enjoyed here, anything you don't like or would improve on, whether anyone in particular here has inspired you or helped you, etc.

As this requires a thoughtful answer, I will award 15 points for this.
No time limit for completing this challenge.

This leads nicely into Bonus Challenge 1:

Post in the GS Ideas for 2010 thread.

5 points for a comment of approval/disapproval etc.

10 points for a suggestion or an embellishment/adaptation to a suggestion OR for an offer to take responsibility for or help out with a particular GS project.

Please post here to say you have participated in the thread, then I will check your level of participation myself. If you have already participated in that thread, please simply post here to say so to get your points. If you have already posted a comment you are welcome to still post something else more substantial for the 10 points. No time limit on this one either.

Bonus Challenge 2 is also board-related and a few of the later challenges will depend on you having done it, so is a good one to do to avoid being precluded from some challenges or having more work to do later on.

Put a link to GS in your siggy. THIS MUST STAY IN YOUR SIGGY FOR THE DURATION OF THE CHALLENGE. (I will check on 18th December and deduct points if it's missing :muhahaha.

5 points for a text link.

10 points for a blinkie or graphic link.

You can find instructions for how to turn blinkies/graphics into links in the blinkie sticky (and of course you can also find GS blinkies there if you don't have any). Please post here to say you've done it and claim your points. If you already have a link in your siggy, simply post here and draw my attention to it. If you have a text link but not a blinkie/graphic link you are welcome to "upgrade" before you post. If you need any help with this please pm me. No time limit on this one either.

November 4th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This board- is one that i have been a part of for about a year now and I grow to love it more and more with each day. It is the first board I visit and the only board where I truly feel comfortable, welcome and not ignored! There are some boards on JM that I feel ignored on or just like I don't fit in but not here! This board is so open and welcoming!

I love coming each morning or evening and seeing the new posts! I love how much I can learn from this board and how much information is on here for me to use and access. I am still so new in my journey but yet this board doesn't make me feel new! I have never felt unwelcome on this board and that is what keeps me coming back! I may not know as much as the other girls but I am so open to learning and trying.

I have to say that I am so inspired by you Sharron- you are truly such an amazing, beautiful person. You are so full of inspiration and good thoughts. I get nothing but a positive energy feeling from you. You are an amazing host and I know an amazing person in real life, as well as an amazing mother! The girls are this board are truly welcoming and nice - with nothing but positive things to say.

I wouldn't change a thing about the board! I think it's great and I can see that you, Sharron and Ellie are always striving to make it better! It truly is a great place to be a member of!

GS 2010 thread:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post17864517

Blinkie:
now in my siggy and linked! I used a blinkie and linked it to the board- I hope it works!
November 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As you all know Im addicted to this board because I love the people, friendships information. Im on here at least twice a day and like to try to reply to everyones posts

Its great all the different information and advice/support people can give to each other with such warm, welcoming and loving hearts. Its also great that everyone is open-minded and willing to learn about different faiths (when we had people from the other religious forums come post on here) as well as I what they were interested in.

The challenges are great ideas because when we have to post about subject ideas and find information about different things,its a great way of learning about things we havent really talked about on here

I dont think there are any ways to improve things on here as you Sharon are always thinking up new ideas in encorage people to think, post, join this forum.

This forum has helped me so much. Not just the great friendships but also what I believe in, maybe believe or dont believe. I know I have so much more to learn and find out and its great having you lovely ladies to join in this spiritual journey for myself and yourselves.

ok I'll stop rambling on now

another blinkie added that haS a link back to GS

have replyed again to GS 2010 ideas

Last edited by *PurpleMidnight*; November 4th, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
November 5th, 2009, 02:30 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is so difficult to express all the things this board and its members mean to me. I remember wandering onto GS while I was still WTTC and didn't feel I had a real "place" on JM. Then a lovely woman named Sharron became the host and made the board a fun and welcoming place.

I learned there were many others who were forging their own path and held similar spiritual interests as myself. The board was a place of safety, of inquiry, of learning, and of support, love, and friendship.

We may drift through periods of lots of activity to less activity, but I find I am always drawn here to the wonderful women I am proud to call my friends. I have learned a great deal from each unique member of the board.

Sharron and Ellie have made this board so friendly and open. Everytime a new member joins, I feel as if another piece of the puzzle has been added

Ideas thread: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post17872159

Clickable link in siggy

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!

Last edited by lupti; November 5th, 2009 at 02:42 AM.
November 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
All three of you have been awarded 35 points and another completed challenge x

This one is still open, lots of points up for grabs here girls x

Tags
challenges , daily challenges

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search