Do you believe in spirits

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you believe in spirits of any kinds? Have you ever had a creepy encounter, maybe with a ghost or an unseen entity? Almost everyone I have ever met has had a 'ghost story' I will call them. Their life being saved by someone in white or something like that. Do any of you have any stories to share?
August 23rd, 2004, 04:46 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I do believe.... There were two occasions that I am experienced by, one was when I was 6 months pregnant with Adrian (my ds) and a close friend of EXdh and mine committed suicide in the apartment building that we were living, actually I was the last one to see him alive and the last one to "touch" him living after he shot him self. Any way, a month or two after the funeral things started to happen in our house. Things that he had borrowed and never returned were laying in my house in obvious veiw to us when we would get home from doing errands. One time we left to go grocery shopping and came home to our stereo system blasting 'Dream Theater' (our friends favorite band) so loud we could hear it a block away. But after we moved obviously we were never met with him again.

Now the second time is we have a knocker. In our house that we just bought each floor has a different situation that happens....lol

We live on the first floor and we have a knocker, they knock on the door and when I go to answer it no one is there. That is why now we have a yelling "come in" that goes on because we got tired of getting up to nothing.
The second floor has a door opener. My second floor tenant was laying down in his bedroom one afternoon, wife at work, kids at school, and door shut and he heard the door knob turning kinda spooked he didnt get up and after a few seconds the french doors opened up and nothing was there.
The third floor has a foggy image of a girl in a polka dotted dress and something in the chimney stack. The lady on the third floor is a wiccan and when they first moved in their bed was on the wall with the chimney stack and they said for the time that they had the bed their her and her daughters were having vivid nightmares. They switched the bed to the other side of the room and nothing since.

Call me crazy but there is something out there.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 23rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know for sure our house is haunted. I'm a really bad insomniac and I'll stay up really late after Joe and Freja are asleep. I'll have the tv on and one room and get ready to go to bed and turn it off. I'll go into the other room turning off the light as I leave. As soon as I lay down in bed BOOM the tv and radio are going full blast and the light is on. I go in and turn them off and usually tell whatever is doing it that if they don't stop I'll find an exhorsist lol. I'm wiccan so I'm in tune to energies of things and a lot of times I know when something is there.

When I was still living with my parents I used to hear someone falling down the stairs while I was home alone. THat one freaked me out quite a bit, I have a fear of hights and stairs worry me.
August 23rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
oooh those are creepy!! I am undecided about it. Once I saw someone out of the corner of my eye in my apartment alone even told the person (male bit taller than I, teenager, wearing jeans, flannel shirt, and cap) "You scared the crap out of me" then I noticed there was nothing there and took off scared out of my mind. I didnt stay there much longer after that I always had funny feelings when I lived there.

August 23rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely. I believe in everything paranormal.

For 2 or 3 years when I was in high school I used to see spirits walking around. I'd be sitting at my desk reading and think I saw someone walk in the room, when I turned my head there'd be an outline of a person walking around watching me. It seemed like they were trying to communicate with me. After a few years it got a little annoying.lol The odd part of it though, these spirits were of classmates of mine who were very much alive. They'd either be downtown for lunch or sitting in the hallway talking. I haven't seen them since I moved away.

After my 1st or 2nd miscarriage I was changing my dd's(18months) diaper on the living room floor. She started pointing up at the ceiling and told me there were babies up there. I've had other friends who've had miscarriages say their children have done similar things.
August 23rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't see the spirits form so much as their aura. I can tell if someone is in the room by the auras. If that makes sence lol I don't see outlines.
Freja will follow something above her with her eyes and try to crawl after it laughing. I think it might be the spirit of the baby I lost in July, it's comforting to think that my little baby is watching over his or her big sissy
August 26th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Squirtsmama
I think every wiccan I know believes I wonder why? I believe in them of course I think my grandpa was here the other day (in spirit). And we all see our cat Gizmoe whose been gone for almost 4 months Melissa again I am sorry for your loss both my sisters lost their babies so I believe they are watching over Connor.
August 27th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of your sisters lost their babies! Oh wow, my heart goes out to them. So do either of them have any other children. It might just be me but when I miscarried having freja here made it much more bearable and the thought that she now has an angel sibbling watching over her.
I also h ave a totem an animal protector that watches out for me. Do any of you girls know your totems?
August 27th, 2004, 12:57 PM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Hello.....
Imagine finding you here {{{ALISTEAL}}}
Wow, you little host addict you!

I DEFINETLY believe in spirits etc....

When I was younger we would go to the deserts in California. We would go rock hunting and arrow head hunting. I have Indian blood in me from generations back........You all might think I fell off the deep end but I will tell you this. I would sit down and imagine what it was like for the "people" who lived on the land and I would touch the ground and "FEEL" the ground in a spiritual sense like the indians did. I ALWAYS won the award in our family of "WHO FOUND THE MOST AND THE BEST" EVERYTIME!!!!! I found one time 4 PERFECT arrowheads. no one else in my family of almost 10 people who went on that trip found nothing. Mind you I found all of them in ONE day. It was weird to me......I felt like I could FEEL the spirits all around me and guiding me. It was one of the most peaceful feelings I have ever had.
I also would find the most quartz crystals on our family outings......I one time found this spot and I started to dig and OMG I found the biggest most perfect crystals........we were camping very close to my find. Everybody in my family had been walking over this spot for at least 4 days....On the last day of our trip I felt drawn to that spot and I didnt want to dig because it was hot!! I probably sat down and got up a dozen times before I FINALLY gave in and followed that feeling. I am glad I did........that was the LAST rock hunting trip we ever went on.

I also have some very spooky stories to tell.......I will do that later.
I use to think I had a totem.....years ago. I cant remember why or what it was.

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
August 27th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No totem here.

My maiden name means Arrowhead.
August 27th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CHristy oh it's such a surprise finding you here too! lmao. I am not sure exactly what my totem is but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and will see glowing amber eyes sitting at the bottom of my bed (and we don't have animals by the way) I think it's a type of cat. Aren't cats the ones with slitted pupils? Christy I can't wait for your stories. I have one that was just strange, when I still lived at home my room went off of the music room where there was a piano and computer and a huge old lamp in that room. Well without my glasses I'm pretty blind but can tell shapes. Well about midnight I woke up and looked up and in my doorway was a blurry shape in a white nightgown. I asked what she was doing up and she told me she was going to unplug the lamp since she couldn't reach the turn off switch so I'm like ok, and as I fell back asleep and right before I went to sleep I remember thinking that her voice sounded funny. The next morning my brother was in there for his piano lessons and tryed to turn on the lamp when it didn't come on he looked and it was unplugged, he plugged it in and started his piano lessons abotu 10 minutes later the room was filled with smoke the outlet had cought fire. My brother was fine and my dad put the fire out before it caused major problems. And then my mom told me that it was a good thing I had unplugged that lamp last night. I was so freaked out and told her 'I DIDN'T you did! Remember!' she told me she had been in bed since 10 the night before and hadn't woken up at all during the night. I know it was a female and I have NO sisters. So something unplugged that light and may have saved my life, my room was on the otherside of the house from all the other bedrooms, if the music room had caught fire I would have been trapped, my window was one of those you crank to open so I would not have been able to get out.
August 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Squirtsmama
neither of my sisters have any kids but I believe my totem was cheetah
September 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I just remembered another neat story.......
when I was about 5-6yo I was in a really bad car accident.
My aunt was driving a truck and we were hit head on by a big ol', huge front end loader tracker thing. It was about 10pm when it happened. Pitch black outside. The driver was drunk.

I remember to this day. I dont tell many people this but before we were hit I saw something out the window. It was kinda purple/pink/blue.....and it told me to lay down. I wasnt wearing my seat belt. As soon as I laid down it was just seconds before impact. Had I been sitting up they figured I would have gone through the windshield.

But I think what ever told me to lay down saved my life.......

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 9th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I have one kind of like that, I don't know if it counts. But when I was about 11 months old and in my carseat in my mom's van. My mom was driving and grandma was in the pasenger seat and my older brother Chris on her lap. The stoplight was down and a cop was waving people on. Someone went ahead when he motioned us on and we were broadsided. I was in a carseat with one of those padded bars in the front. My mom said right before the car hit, I had buried my face in my blanky and put my face down in the bar. When we were hit we spun 2 times and glass was everywhere. My whole head was cut up on my scalp. I STILL have so many scars. I have one 8 inch scar that runs down the middle of my scalp. The drs said if my face hadn't been down in the bar I would be severly disfigured and maybe blind. Does that count as a story? No ghosts that I remember but since non of us were killed or SEVERELY hurt only cuts, SOEMTHING was watching out for us
September 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes ........I believe in "GOD" too!

September 10th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Texas Mom
I definately believe there are angels all around us. I definately think that those who passed see, watch and try to guide us. I only say that because at time I "feel" approval in specific situations.
September 22nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
I have had this really weird thing start happening.......
A few weeks ago I saw out of the corner of my eye something move really fast towards me. I thought it was SOMEBODY trying to scare me........I turn and nobody was there! It really spooked me, made my heart race. What I saw was in a tan/white looking shirt. Nobody in the house was even wearing that color!!
Then the other day I was talking with my SIL at the kitchen table. I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye again. Not once, not twice but 4 times!!! This time it was by the stairs. It wasnt like before where it came running REALLY fast towards me. I thought maybe it was the kids. but they were down stairs. and nobody had ran up the stairs or down the stairs.
CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 22nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
I have experienced something very weird, and it gives me goose bumps to think of it. When I was in college, I was walking up the stairs and there was no one else around. All of a sudden, I started to fall backwards and then I felt a hand push me up. I turned around to see who was there and nobody was there.

Also, sometimes when I am driving I will look at something and then I will get a feeling to pay attention, and it is at that moment that I have to stop or something, before I get into an accident.

I have to admit, sometimes, if I turn quickly or driving by something I think I see someone and if I look again nothing.

Does anyone else have this experience?

This happens to me all the time.

When I was in 8th. grade we used to play with a Ouigi Board. One night, one of my friends asked who we were going to marry. The letters went to my name and wrote the name Chris C and that was it. I am now married to a Chris Crawford.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search