What kind of people

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you find yourself with people more like you in beliefs or do you find yourself around people who are completely different? How do you approach the 'unexceptable' subjects between you? Or do you? Are some things just not mentioned
August 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I socialize with people that have the same beliefs and morals as myself...

That is the only way to grow spiritually!!

August 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I surround myself with people who have the same interests but not necesarily of the same religion. I do meet a lot of people who share some beliefs as me during Ren Faires and at Pagan Pride Day. But a lot of my friends are christians
August 24th, 2004, 09:18 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Quote:
Do you find yourself with people more like you in beliefs or do you find yourself around people who are completely different? How do you approach the 'unexceptable' subjects between you? Or do you? Are some things just not mentioned[/b]
I surround myself with a little of both. When we approach "unexceptable" subjects I listen to them as well as I would expect them to listen to me. We dont look down on each other because of different beliefs we try and learn all spectrums of the scale. Anything goes with all my friends, religion, debates, sex conversations, etc. just as long as respect is the number one factor.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most people I know either claim to be christian or do not have a religion. Most know I don't do the church/god thing, one was surprised that a person wouldn't attend church. Most do not know that I am Pagan. When religious topics come up I tell them what I believe on the topic and with 1 friend in particular, who does not know I am Pagan but should suspect it, I find myself trying to change her misinformed ideas of Paganism/Wicca.
August 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am also a pagan and a wiccan on top of that. When people I meet or friends ask about it it seems the biggest misunderstanding is that I worship satan. Which is not true but of course you know that. So I try to explain to them that no I do not worship satan because he/she is a christian belief and I do not believe he exsists. It seems like a lot of people have the wrong idea about pagans and wiccans. Have you ever been asked the 'do you do sacrifices' question? lmao
August 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I haven't been asked about the sacrifices but I have tried many times to tell my neighbor that no any spells or rituals performed is not black magic. She tried to complain about a lady in town because her daughter was telling my neighbors daughter about seances. I don't think she liked my "what's wrong with seances" answer.lol The school had a problem at halloween last year. It was the first halloween in 7 years that they allowed costumes back into the school. This same lady my neighbor was complaining about her dd had told the principal that she was coming as a dead princess. I just happened to be at the parent meeting when this was brought up and mentioned that I didn't think there was anything wrong with what she wanted to come as since it was part of her religious beliefs. They didn't really know what to say at that.

What bugs me the most though, is when Christians say things about celebrating the true meaning of whatever holiday is coming up disregarding the fact that what they believe is their true meaning doesn't mean it is the true meaning for everyone else or even the reasons why it's a holiday for Christians.
August 25th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's funny someone commented about us celebrating yule on christmas and putting up trees and said we were pretty much celebrating christmas and I had to explain that the christmas traditions are all based on Yule traditions. She THREW a fit and claimed I was talking devil talks to her and that the devil had poisoned my mind. So I don't really tell people that the tree, wreaths, dinners, gifts, yule log, and all that are originally pagan traditions lol.
I can't wait till Samhain this year. It's our anniversary and we're having a huge shindig and it's freja's first samhain and first costume lol. What are you dressing as
August 26th, 2004, 08:22 AM
I don't dress up.lol I've been really lax about teaching the girls anything. I just got back into Paganism just over a year ago. I wasn't brought up Pagan so I have no idea how to teach them things. We do alot of nature but I've done more cursing at my garden and the ants than anything this year. What I tell them usually comes in spurts, we went through a whole thing on spirits, death, gods, goddesses, the moon, stars and planets a few weeks ago. They each have their own thing they're interested in so I kinda go with that.

For Samhain they want to be princesses, Asha wants to be a ballerina so she can dance in the wind. She's my pagan in training.lol She's obsessed with the moon, stars and anything that has a magical element.
August 26th, 2004, 08:30 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of my friends have the same beliefs as I do. The ones that live different then I do respect me for the person I am. And I care & respect them for the person they are..........We learn from each other!

August 26th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tammy I love learning about other religions. I have a friend who is bhuddist and wow they have some amazing beliefs. I also think it's fun to read about the catholic saints and see what all they did with their lives and how they died (I'm morbid lol)
August 26th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Squirtsmama
For Samhain we are wiccaning Connor so I have no idea what he will wear hmmm any suggestions Melissa?
August 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You could always do what we did for freja. Can you sew? At Freja's wiccaning we dressed her in a little cloke with a little witches hat for fun lmao. Or if you can't sew take his measurements and I'll make him a little cloke. Or you can just do a regular costume.......maybe dress him as a black cat since I'm stuck on Cliches! LMAO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search