Dreams - Meanings and Interpretations

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2004, 06:10 AM
I Heart 4x4
Even though I basically live here, I didn't really know where to make this post at. It's too serious for the Lounge, but it's not a vent so it wouldn't go there either.

What I basically want to know, is if you guys believe that dreams can be messages from a higher source? Do you think dreams have meanings?

Here is why I ask. Please don't think I am crazy!

Background:

I am adopted. I was adopted at birth nearly 21 years ago. I don't know anything about my birth mother except that her name was Susan, she changed her last name to Wood during the adoption proceedures, and she had at least 6 kids (4 that lived with her at the time, me, and then another baby born after me - I know about the baby after me because Susan called my mom when I was 6 months old asking if she wanted another baby - mom did, "dad" didn't). I was born in Chico, CA at the only hospital there, on Nov. 8, 1983 at 7:45am. She was 40 or 41 when I was born ... which would make her 61 or 62 now. The guy who fathered me left her when he found out about the pregnancy. I know nothing about him.

I have had issues about being adopted from the time I hit puberty. I absolutely don't know anything about the blood that runs through my veins and most people who aren't adopted don't understand why that is important to me ... but that is because they take it for granted. They have the ability to look up their ancestry, they can ask their grandmothers if cancer runs in their family .... the list really does go on and on. I think I want to know because I can't know. Does that make sense? After getting pregnant with Danny in January 2002, the urge and drive to find my birth mother really hit me, because I didn't know what I was at risk for during my pregnancy. My mom didn't remember if Susan had any problems with hypertension or anything like that. She didn't even know if multiples run in my genetics! After Danny was born, things were too hectic to even think about taking a shower, let alone searching for my birth mother. When I was younger I definitly wanted to do it ... then after Danny was born I didn't because I didn't understand how any mother could up a baby that came from her body ... but the last 3 or 4 months, it has been nagging at me in the back of my mind that I need to find her. It's like a clock is ticking in my heart and it's getting louder and louder, everytime I think about her.

So now that you have some background, here is why I ask about dreams and their meanings.

Last night I dreamt about her. She came to me in my dream and said "I am your birth mother and you have the right to know me and your father." She looked like me but older (obviously) and different facial features (for example, she had brown eyes, while I have hazel). So I met her ... and my father in my dream. I felt complete and whole (something I have never felt because there is a part of me missing - not knowing who these people are and their story). I felt enlightened - the happiest I have been in a very long time.

When I woke up, I was in a daze. I felt like I had a mission. Like my dream was a message from a higher source telling me this is what I need to do.

Now, I understand I could have had this dream because I've had it on the mind for a while now, but I have never ever dreamt about Susan. There was a sense of urgency in the way that she said I have the right to know her ... Does any of this make sense? Probably not ...

Am I crazy or is this possible?

Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far ...
August 30th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you are crazy at all, to me the dream was SENT to give you hope and make you NOT give up. Heck try a bunch of searches. Or even get in contact with the Montel WIlliams show or something like that. I know on Montel they find people's families and introduce them. I know a good people search let me find the link for you. But I do not think you are crazy and understand EXACTLY why you need to find them
August 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM
zonapellucida
I think I can understand your need to know especially now that you are a mother. I would strt wiht the net and go form there. What agency did the adoption, what court? Is the record sealed? Good luck!

As for the dream thing--I think our subconsious shows up in our dreams.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search