Christmas Eve

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just love Christmas Eve. It's my favourite part of the holidays. I love the anticipation, the mood-building with Xmas songs everywhere and Xmas films on TV, the carol concerts they televise, eating luxury food and spending time with loved ones and arranging all Daniel's Xmas presents (though that will be different this year as he's spending Christmas itself with his dad).

We usually have either a special meal or treat ourselves to a takeaway on Christmas Eve, have a drink (usually sherry) and open one gift on the eve. Do you girls have any special traditions that night?

What's your favourite part of the holidays?

November 27th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, you have hit on a question that could keep me talking ALL day! Christmas eve is m FAVOURITE day of the year. Since 1992 I have had so many traditions!

I make a schedule before the day of all the things I'm going to watch on TV, all the things I'm going to eat, all the things I'm going to do... Then I make forms to fill in so I can remember what happened on the day.

I get up mega-early and watch kids TV on my own in the dark with just the tree lights on. I also always write a stupid Christmas party thing for Steve where I invent a fictional party for him with various unwanted guests who are celebs, characters and other people we have encountered during the last year to torture him with later

I always cook a nice, greasy fry-up for dinner it's our traditional christmas eve meal to remind us of the best christmas we had before we lived together, when I spent christmas with his family in 2003

I always paint my nails with festive patterns, like holly leaves, in the evening and I always buy myself a small bottle of champagne. Our new tradition is to wrap the girls' presents in the evening too.

I just love the day so much and I am getting excited just thinig about it now!!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

November 27th, 2010, 10:18 AM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
wow misty that is some tradition. amazing you have time to do all that.

i dont like holidays like i use to because i dont live by my family anymore and i just dont feel like i fit in with his family i am 28 years younger then my husband. i just get depressed around holidays.

but i guess one thing i like is seeing my children smile when they open presents but doesnt look like i will be able to see that this year either. im going to have to go sign my kids up for presents at toys for tots.

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
November 28th, 2010, 01:05 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have any christmas eve traditions

November 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Christmas eve has always been my absolute favorite and i'm excited that we'll have a new addition with us this year. Normally we go to his families house first, then out to eat with my mom, then back to my moms house for hot chocolate and to open up a gift or two.

This year his family is going to be at Disneyworld and most likely we'll just bring her to my mom's house and then head home (since I don't want to take her out to a restaurant). I'll probably end up baking a bunch of treats that day too.

November 28th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Glitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the morning i help my mom make tamales and in the night the whole family gathers and we eat and at midnight we open the presents.

My girls 1296
November 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We dont have too many traditions.

The main one is the reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Gift of the Magi(by O. Henry) that I do.

I just love the whole season so I dont have one particular thing LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 29th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christmas Eve at our house is normally spent with a quiet dinner and a visit from family and friends. The kids get to open one gift on Christmas Eve, which is always festive, new pajamas! We watch Christmas movies before bed and munch on the cookies we baked.

November 29th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We enjoy Christmas Eve more than any other day over the holidays. Every year as part of my pressie to them i take all the kids in the family (6 this year) to see Santa in Blarney. Afterwords we get something to eat in the old Woolen mills hotel there and then my DH and I and our own kids drive around the city looking at everybodys christmas lights. Then its home to make mulled wine and get everything ready for santa to visit. Like Sharon i love the excitment and the build up from the kids.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
November 29th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Tereza, do you have a recipe for tamales?

Molly, do you have a recipe for mulled wine?

I'm in cheeky mode

November 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sharon, i will dig it out at home and post it in a couple of days. My computer is broken and am only online when im in my parents house which won't be until Wednesday again.

I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

November 29th, 2010, 08:59 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I LOVE Christmas Eve too. On that day I clean the house really really clean, and I prepare or buy eveyone's fav. treats. Usually sweets or appitizers. I do a spread on the table/counter and we all snack alll day and night. Some of the things are Cheese ball and crackers, short bread cookies, smoked oysters, veggies and dip etc. The kids get to open one present and we watch the tracking of Santa on TV/computer and listen to Christmas Carols. After the kids are in bed we put out all the presents and then sit with just the tree lights on and some music and relax before bed!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

November 29th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by debgj View Post
Sharon, i will dig it out at home and post it in a couple of days. My computer is broken and am only online when im in my parents house which won't be until Wednesday again.
Thank you sweetie!

November 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
I love Christmas Eve night too When I was young we got to open one present which was usually jammies. Ever since my husband and I moved in together we always have Christmas Eve morning as the day his daughter spends the night and we open presents with her. Christmas Eve is also DH's birthday so I always make the same dish that his mom always made for him on his birthday called Party Pizzas. They aren't really pizza lol but that's what she calls them. They are SO GOOD. Then Christmas morning Santa comes for Emmy and Joey

Oh I forgot to say that I love watching St. Olaf's choir on TV and then Midnight Mass from the Vatican

November 30th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Hi Sharon, this is the recipe i use. Its very easy as i use a ready made spice sachet.

75cl bottle red wine
200ml (7fl oz) water
4 tbs brown sugar
2 sachets Mulled Wine Spice
orange slices to garnish

Place the wine, water, sugar and Mulled Wine Spice Sachets in a large saucepan.
Heat to just below boiling point and hold this temperature for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the sachets and serve with orange slices to garnish.

I usually add a little orange juice, but thats my personal taste. Like i said very easy, just basically throw it all in a saucepan and heat up. You can also get very good recipies that you can start from scratch from on google. The spice sachets i get are made by Schwartz and are in most supermarkets. I hope you enjoy.

November 30th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Molly I love Mullen wine I make it every year as well.

I love christmas and on christmas eve what I love is the smell around the house.
I cook chocolate chip cookies and make all goodies for the next day. We usually stay at home and watch christmas movies and have a few drinks.
I can't wait to have kids around the house and the excitment of santa.

[SIZE="3"]

Tags
christmas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search