~ * ~ * ~ December Chat Thread - Let's Get Festive! ~ * ~ * ~

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hillarie, we do the same thing in the car with our 24/7 Christmas stations! Not playing it in the house yet.. will probably do that when decorating the house this weekend.

December 2nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have a 3-CD set - Now That's What I Call Christmas lol - which is already on repeat play in my car!!

December 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Fun.
We dont usually have it on in the house because when the radio is on(which is at night when we go to bed...its a Dan thing LOL)its on radio mysteries.

Ok, so do you ladies make tons of food for the holiday or let others do it LOL?

I only have to cook for my family not extra folks so we generally keep it simple. Im thinking a party platter of meats/cheeses/crackers sounds like a great meal LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
December 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great big huge ((((hugs)))) Hillarie to you, Dan and the kids. We are here for ya sweetie, and sending lots of love, thoughts and prayers in your direction. xx

Sharron, I hope Shaun feels better soon.

Oh, cooking.. nooooo please don't say that right now lol ... We're not over Thanksgiving as of yet!!! On Thanksgiving we cooked 2 turkeys (1 in oven, and the other deep fried), 1 ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, Green bean casserole, baked beans, corn and 3 deserts ( 2 chocolate pies and key lime pie). Eh, I think that is it.

We usually cook on the holidays, it just depends on if we have it here or go someplace else.
December 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies!

We are having insane snow here at the moment. I'll try to post some pics later but the phone and internet have been going out so it depends what my connection is like later.

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

December 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Misty~stay safe in the snow!

Is deep fried turkey good?

December 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES.. Deep fried turkey is AWESOME. We cook our turkey that way too. MMMMMM....

December 2nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Oo I like deep fried turkey! Normally at christmas i'll bake a bunch of things but I never have to actually cook. I'm so ready to make cookies, cupcakes, fudge, cake, etc.

Sharron-I hope Shaun starts feeling better soon!

December 2nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
I heard it was really really juicy and good.

Im so stoked!! The lady who was going to do our Handfasting said the 21st was doable so we can do it on the 21st!!!

December 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Sharron I hope shaun is better soon.
I love all thew cooking at christmas. I've never had deep fried Turkey....
I love Apple & Potato Stuffing, for a goose

And I always bake cookies and cakes I just love the smell of baking around the house during christmas...

[SIZE="3"]

December 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies!! Happy December!!

I'm hoping to be around a bit more now . . . check out my siggy and you'll see why I've been MIA!! Phew, busy busy days!!!
December 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hillarie - Im so glad they fixed the glitch!

Sharon - I hope Shaun is feeling better soon

Terri - How are you feeling these days?

Rebecca - I love your costume!

Erica - I cant believe Darcy will be here soon! Im so glad she decided to stay "baking"for longer after your scare not that long ago!

Anne - I love your etsy shop! You are so talented to make all that stuff!

December 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
Ugh I'm so bummed. My mom wired me $100 to pay for Emmy's school for the week so I went ahead and wrote the school a check so it would be paid on time and then I went to get the money. I stupidly just stuck it down in my purse instead of putting it in my wallet and now I can't find it!! Pleaseeeeeee keep your fingers crossed that it turns up

December 2nd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Angie~my fingers are crossed that you find it.

Oh man my hubby brought home some peppermint hershey kisses as well as some cherry cordial ones(new items)and they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!

December 2nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
I found my money!!!!!!

It was in my wallet. Duh. I looked there but I guess I didn't look hard enough. *facepalm*

December 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
ughhh my dd is not feeling well she vomited twice tonight shes sleeping now so hopefully what ever made her sick is out of her system

December 3rd, 2010, 12:23 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Angie - Glad you found it!

Misty (sorry I must of missed your post earlier) - look at all that snow! I hope it clears some before Sam arrives, so you can actually GET to the hospital!

Jen - thankyou for your card and crystal!

Mindy scott- I hope your dd is feeling better soon!

Also Sharon, Molly and Tiff - thank you all for my christmas cards

As for me - dare I say it but I have MAJOR morning sickness. Phelix is doing so much better now since his surgery almost 4 weeks ago. Had two follow up appts this week - surgical who said it all looked great, and gastro who said he's doind great and they wont see him for 3 months meanwhile he has an MRI for next month and they see no rush in meeting us soon after to go over reseults!

December 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm so glad that Phelix is doing better!

Anne-I love your shop! I think once we are able to I want to get some of your cloth diapers. I absolutely love the giraffe one! How many cloth diapers do you recommend someone having?

December 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Angie~so glad you found the money!

Im sooooooo happy Phelix is better!

Not much going on today, going out of town tomorrow tho...blah LOL.

December 3rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Carrie, I'm sorry to hear about your m/s!

Angie -

Mindy - , I hope DD feels better soon!

Anne - Your shop ROCKS!

Hillarie - Those chocolates sound awesome!

What a day!!!!

This morning on the way back from school the car had a slide on a patch of black ice on a MAIN ROAD which SHOULD have been gritted (grrrrrrr councils! ) - the whole back end skidded towards the pavement and smashed into a lamp-post. I now have a considerable dent in the passenger side back end and the fiberglass has come off the metal and everything. There is no way I can afford to fix it right now, and it isn't even worth spending £1000+ on bodywork repairs on a car of that age which has started needing bits repairing - it's not just the colossal hole from today but it's the same side where some idiot woman backed into it and made scratches all across the side about a year and a half ago - so the whole panel will have to be replaced. It's decided me that in the New Year I am getting a bank loan and getting a new car. I was thinking about it, and this has decided me. We have put a thick sheet of plastic folded into several layers over the smashed part to prevent exposure to the snow and ice in the hope it will minimise the amount of rust and corrosion by New Year so it doesn't depreciate in value anymore. Poor car. I feel a bit sorry because it's been a reliable car and has served me well, but I've made the mistake before of keeping on with a car while thing after thing goes wrong until the point where it dies on me on the motorway and is then worth zilch.

I guess this could be seen as continuing bad luck, but I don't really feel that way - a little shaken, of course, and I was mad this morning until Shaun pointed out that I was thinking of getting a new car anyway - I'm just glad I didn't knock anyone over on the pavement, total someone else's car, or give myself whiplash, and that Daniel wasn't in the car at the time. I'm just taking it as a sign that it's time to start afresh!!

Took Shaun to the doctor's. He has a throat/chest/sinus infection and is on antibiotics, and also is having a fasting blood test, which we'll do on Monday. I'm so glad he's here with me, in a warm bed in a warm house, where we can quickly do something about it if he takes a turn for the worse. It's one less worry on my mind and it's lovely having him around, too!

Since then I have been wrapping Daniel's Xmas presents, except for a castle and a train set with loop which need assembling on the 27th (it's "our Christmas Day" with Daniel on the 28th as he will be with his dad for actual Christmas Day) - and an art easel which is just too large to wrap!! So I feel like that's another job done!!

Hope all you girls have had a good day!

for anyone else who needs them xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search