Best Christmas Present?

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What was the best Christmas present you ever got as a child?

December 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Hmmmm...you know I dont remember many of them. What stands out were my first cassette tapes, ever, came in my stockings. Crystal Gayle and Culture Club.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
December 14th, 2010, 01:43 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
a cricket doll. My dad bought it for me and i dont think he ever picked anything out for me. It was so cool to because when I unwrapped the box I see the picture and I was so excited !!! I opened it up and on the inside was car ramps that I told my dad I was going to trick him with and he tricked me but then he went into their room and brought out my doll and I was so happy that was the best christmas ever. I think it was more my dad put an effort into it then the doll but I did love that doll. Thank you for this post I havent thought about that christmas in a long time. It brings me back to happy times

December 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to be honest i was usually left out in christmas, when i was little i didnt have much of a family so to speak and then when i moved to my dads it was his wife who did the shopping and she shopped more for her boys then me. i know i got stuff but i cant remember a memorable time.

mindy i remember the first time my father did something like that it was prolly the first time for him to do so too. they were these little houses that were porcelain and what not with rabbits and stuff dressed in dresses. that i would have to say was a nice surprise.

December 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
My first saddle for my horse...
December 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Awww Angi honey xxx

My mum and dad were brilliant at choosing Christmas presents. We were never spoiled but we certainly got enough to know we had been good and they usually got us the things we asked for. One year I asked for a Sooty puppet and they couldn't find it anywhere. The year after, they found it and gave it to me as a surprise even though I asked for something else (which I got as well!) and I will never forget that!!! It made me feel so special that they remembered!!!

December 15th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, Angi, I'm so sorry you were left out.

We usually had small Christmases.. but I got a bike one year.. and another year I got this beautiful doll dressed in yellow and holding a baby of her own. The doll rocked and played music when wound up.

December 15th, 2010, 09:52 AM
That sounds gorgeous!!

December 15th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was after a barbie doll for a few years and then one year i got it. I remember what she looked like so vivadly. She was called peaches and cream barbie and had the most beautiful peach and gold ball gown on her. I was so happy. Only the other day my niece was telling me santa was bringing her a barbie doll that did so many things like her hair changing colours etc. and she was getting her car and beauty salon and all sorts of lovely stuff. I couldn't help but remember how that doll made me soooo happy, and it was just a simple doll. Sharron, thanks for asking this question, its lovely to remember back to when we were kids. Its so easy to just forget about it all.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
December 15th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Nintendo! The original one.. my sister and I were so excited and I know my parents couldn't afford that and they did it anyway.

December 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just want to say Sooty and sweep rocks!

I remember getting a baby doll that you feed water and it the pees. I STILL have that doll and brought it out for Phelix when I was pregnant with Noah. Now all the boys love playing with it (although its packed away from movin at the moment). I still have the original dressing gown for it, but everything else has been lost. I cant believe it still smells the same (not as strong though) from the day I got it! And its still going strong 20 years later!

Tags
christmas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search