Family Traditions/Rituals

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do you have any traditions or rituals in your family which you always do during the festive period?

December 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do. Every christmas eve, we take all the kids to see santa in Blarney. The santa there is brilliant. They have a little village and when the kids go in to see him, there is an elf (real person) sitting on top of a chimney. When santa asks for the presents the elf drops them down the chimney and the kids can go get them. Then we go get something to eat in the hotel. Afterwards my DH and i drive our kids around to see everybodies christmas lights on their houses. Christmas day we go to my mam and dads house for dinner. And on boxing day my brother and i take turns cooking dinner for all the family. Its my turn this year and im really looking forward to it. I love when all the family get together, it is a real highlight of christmas for me other than watching the kids opening their presents.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
December 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I read O Henry's Gift of the Magi on Christmas Eve every year.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
December 14th, 2010, 01:48 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
we really dont do anything . We do open presents from each other on christmas eve but alot of people do that too so nothing we do thats just ours. lol

December 15th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Those are some nice traditions. I like the idea of reading a particular story. I might have to start that one. Another thing I want to start is taking a family picture each Christmas with everyone all dressed up, somehow I never get around to it. Hillarie, I LOVE that story. I remember first reading it when I was about 12 and it made me cry.

We usually buy at least one new decoration each year, and we always open one present on Christmas Eve, that's about it for our traditions at the moment!!

December 15th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bake cookies together and the kids get a new pair of pajamas (it's the one gift they get to open) every single year. Christian is 13 this year but I do believe the tradition will continue for him.

Also, the gifts from Santa are always wrapped in solid red paper and white ribbons. I started it from the very first year and it's just something that has carried through.

December 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cookies sound good too! What's your recipe, Terri?

I have paper that's from Santa separate to what we use to wrap each other's presents, too, just to give the illusion that they come from somewhere else!!

December 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sharron, I have some of my Mom's old cookbooks.. so we flip through and pick out a couple of cookie recipes and bake away!

December 15th, 2010, 10:33 AM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
no we dont do anything special or anything the same every year. I hope to start us a family tradition though. Wait does going to the same persons house every year count because we do that when we go eat there.

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker

Tags
christmas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search