Materialistic moment...what did you get for Christmas?

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
So what'd you get?

What was your favourite and least favourite?

December 26th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get a least favorite! I love it all. I got an iphone, tons of bath and body works products and lovely scarfs and a beautiful silver necklace!

December 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
Didn't not get a favorite either! I got my boots, two awesome shirts, and a dvd t.v. series, She-ra. Oh, and $25.00 cash.

December 26th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I couldn't pick a favourite either tbh and I didn't get anything I didn't like!

Other than my Secret Santa stuff from Molly which I posted in the other thread, I also got 2 sets of sexy underwear from Shaun (not to mention all the loving and cuddles over the holidays ); Ghost Sweetheart and Calvin Klein Eternity perfume from my mum plus lots of "bits to open" - socks, slipper socks, new pyjamas (which I am saving to take away with me), Dove bath things, a Vaseline gift tin, new writing books and pens, a new hot water bottle, new slippers; Gavin & Stacey and Bill Bailey on DVD and the new Tony Stockwell book from Daniel (well, I chose and paid for them - he sat and watched while Nanna wrapped them lol); and off friends and family, Thorntons chocolates, various other chocs/biscs/alcohol (yum but no good for my tummy and my cholesterol really!!), a Boots No 7 gift set, Cupid soaps from Sarah, and from my auntie, Christian Dior J'adore perfume to share between me and my mum.

Properly spoilt this year!!!

December 26th, 2010, 10:01 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I love everything I got

Dh got me a 200 gift certificate to a spa
Coconut bath stuff (I love the smell of coconut)
A scarf from the girls
30 gift cert to my fav store from my mom

and a few other things

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

December 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Favorite thing was the box of goodies Sharron sent me.

Hate to admit this but DH disappointed me this year. Last year I got that lovely blue topaz necklace... this year I got ..... SILVERWARE Because I don't lie to him, I did tell him I was disappointed, told me he didn't know what to get me. Understandable.

I suppose I can't complain too much. I did get what I really wanted back in September.... CHARLIE! As demanding as he is, he makes me very happy. We're all healthy and happy, and this year has was a million times better than last years drama.

December 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I got a candle that smells like vanilla cookies and one that smells like apple cinnamon...those rock!

I got a diffuser(think thats what they are called) where you put a tea light underneath scented oil and the light eventually burns the oil into pretty scents floating around the air. The scent they gave me is pineapple orchid and it smells nice but I havent lit it yet. And now my husband has lost my lighter so I cant light any of them!! LOL

I also got mascara which is nice cuz Ive been without for like a year now just couldnt put money towards it cuz its always got a better purpose then my eyes.

My least favorite is clothes. I am grateful they thought of me and got me some new pants and shirts but honestly, clothes just dont thrill me. Im not a shopper(except of books, candles and the like and music but not shoes or clothes or anything fashion related LOL) and I just could care less.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
December 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
so far all I have gotten is my chocolate orange and my new phone(which I;ve had for a few weeks since mine had died)....we're not even celebrating for another 10 days

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

December 26th, 2010, 04:26 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
My favourite is my charm bracelet that Stu got for me with a little songbird charm which has special significance to us (that is the only reason its my fave, the sentimental meaning)

My main present is a gift certificate to go to a make up artist school with my mum for a "Mum and Daughter Day" where we can learn to apply make up get colour matched professionally ask questions and have a tonne of girly fun, but we aren't doing that til after uni has finished for me.

I got some jo malone perfume, lots of benefit make up, two mac limited edition bits a cardigan, Bobbi Brown's Make up Manuel and a book called the Hollistic Beauty Book with tonnes of recipes for making body scrubs/face masks etc as I want to get more into that side of beauty as I have hideously sensitive skin! True Blood season 2 on DVD and Gossip Girl season 2 on DVD. I got some nice body wash/body lotion and hand cream that are all matching scents.

Tomorrow mum's taking me out to buy me another charm for my bracelet from them and to get me a couple more make-up bits (I am really spoiled!) mostly because through my teenage years I couldnt have cared less about make up and mum has always loved it, now i'm really into it she's gone way overboard haha!
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

December 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I got Lancome make up from DH and a perfume and body lotion set of the perfume I wore when we got married. So he did his homework on both so that really touched me.
I got a gift basket of beauty & skin care products from my brother.
My little nice gave me PJ's there nice a comfy and I wore them christmas night...
My mother-in-;aw gave me a wonder woman apron... she said she tought it was prefect b/c I'm always running around looking after everone...

[SIZE="3"]

December 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
DH got me Eclipse, new yoga pants, eat pray love (book), face wash, foundation, and a chocolate orange.

My mom got me a bunch of things for Darcy, 50 dollars, and shampoo and body wash, and another chocolate orange (I absolutely love them).

I think my favorite thing has got to be the yoga pants since they are so comfy.

December 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
My DH didnt get me anything and i understand maybe he didnt have money at the time but geez he could of brought it early. but anyways my cuzin brought me this very good smelling candle thats it.

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
December 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
LoveIsBeingMummy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to LoveIsBeingMummy
well Tony got me a Kindle which I would have to say is the best pressie ever!!! Being the book worm that I am- lots of late nights ahead for me!!
Mum and dad got me a voucher for a massage and perfume. My sister kylie got me and Tony this food steamer which we will really use quite a bit. My other sister Chris got me some gorgeous perfume and a make up kit.
Hannah made me earrings and a gorgeous necklace and Sam made me a necklace too.
I got choccies and a few other things for the house from other family and friends.
My least favorite was two photo frames from my step mother-in-law with her wedding photos in them. I know I'm being crabby but it's her way of getting her photo up in my house (if you couldnt already tell we dont get along).
I had a fantastic Christmas and I'm now just enjoying being home for a couple of days xxxxx
December 27th, 2010, 11:40 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I didn't get anything that was really my favorite but I got some good stuff like a sweatshirt I wanted, a heated throw, my office chair I wanted, The Tudors season 3&4, Glee soundtrack!
December 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got Katy Perry's new album, and all the lovely stuff Carrie sent me.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES

Tags
christmas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search