Two for Tuesday

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
1. When was the last time you went to a religious building such as a church, temple or mosque?

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home?

March 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
1. July 2009, my grandpas funeral.
2. A bit uncomfortable cuz I left the church and that always brings unease when you have to step back inside something you rejected(IMO). I would like to visit a UU church and see what they are like. We like the idea of a community of like thinkers but just havent gone yet.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 15th, 2011, 08:44 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
1. I can't even remember how bad is that? I think a year ago when I visited Malaga.
2. I love cathedrals and visiting as a tourist but as far as going to worship, I would feel uncomfortable as a lot of faiths are against angels, oracle cards etc etc

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

March 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
1HotMama's Avatar Super Mommy
My DD goes to Catholic school so I walk or drive past the church daily. The last time I was actually inside the church was for the Christmas Pagent.

The chruch is very old (built in the 1800's) and is physically beautiful. In the inside, it is calm and peaceful and I do feel in a very meditative state in the building. The energy there truly feels like one of community. I know all chruches don't feel like that, but this one does.
March 15th, 2011, 12:58 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
1. When was the last time you went to a religious building such as a church, temple or mosque? I went to my Mom's church in early Feb.

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home? I don't at my Mom's church, but I do in the Catholic Church.

March 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
1. When was the last time you went to a religious building such as a church, temple or mosque?
Last year sometime dont remember the exact date but i think it was in august maybe somewhere around there.

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home? I feel so out of place when i go to church and this is mostly the reason why i dont go. I feel more at home in my own private little place in m house where i do most of my spiritual work. does that count?

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
March 15th, 2011, 02:04 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
The last time we went to Church was back in December I think.

For whatever reason, I feel uncomfortable in Churches. I really don't know why. I hate feeling like I have to go or the congregation is going to think that I'm a bad Christian. I hate the feeling that I'm getting judged by people for being there only once in a while. That's a whole nother thread though.
March 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When was the last time you went to a religious building such as a church, temple or mosque? About a month ago for my best friends grandmothers funeral.

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home? I feel more comfortable in a church when im on my own. I don't really feel comfortable when there is a service on.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
March 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
salvation army hall regular until just after i had lana (long story)

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home?
certain ones i used to when i was younger but pretty much since pubity i havent felt like i "fit" anywhere.
i maybe felt comfortable because i was with my nana but after she passed, i just havent found that comfort and connection.

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
March 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
I think it was about a yr ago .

I used to but now I just feel uncomfortable . It was a church I used to belong to .

March 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Uh... I really can't remember. I don't even know if Kailey was born yet... I don't think she was. His mother was begging us to go to a christmas play, she's a HUGE christian as are his sisters. We went and it was a freaking play about the book series "Left Behind" about people who don't believe in their God. Needless to say, Josh and I were really annoyed.

I absolutely love and adore beautiful cathedrals. The book we're reading in the Learning Circle explains it perfectly in part three.... a religious space (altar) or place of worship (which can be a church) is sacred... when people go there, they feel connected with deity so that emotional residue is left there and you can feel it when you go into almost any church.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. When was the last time you went to a religious building such as a church, temple or mosque? Sunday at church!

2. Do you feel at ease inside religious buildings or out of place; is there any religious building in particular where you feel more at home? Church literally feels like my 2nd home!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Tags
days of the week , tuesday qotd , two for tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search